Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 07:43 PM   #16  

Yogurt lover girl here! I think with the non-fat yougurt it is hard to blend fruit, I have found non-fat works well, I have only being able to find the regular yogurt though...

I buy the regular it seems more creamy and the non-fat seems more like a yogurt drink!

Old 05-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #17  
WW Moderator

Try 'all-fruit' jelly or jam. That is all we use in the house - no sugar added. It usually has fruit juice concentrate to sweeten it with, but by the teaspoon it is minimal sugar. Raspberry mixed into nonfat vanilla yogurt is great.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:31 AM   #18  

Actually, I did mix in some jam. Seedless blackberry, if I remember right. And then a few chopped up frozen peaches, a few drops of vanilla extract, and about a teaspoon of sugar. It tasted really good, fruity, and not too sweet. But it was very watery. I didn't really want to make a yogurt drink!

Maybe this weekend I'll experiment with drained non fat yogurt and see how that does.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #19  

More yogurt talk from me, lol. I wanted to mention I tried the Dannon with fiber yogurt, I know it is under 100 calories and has 3 grams of fiber in it. It comes in three flavors, I tried the strawberry and topped it with fresh strawberries, it was great. I thought it would be gritty but it was not at all. Smooth and good.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #20  

I have to add Jennifer, that raspberry with the vanilla yogurt is great. The strawberry jam is great too because it has chunks of strawberries. A real treat. Great topped with some crunchy low glycemic cereal.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:12 AM   #21  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

i love yogurt mixed with chocolate protein powder. i used vanana yogurt once and it tasted like a jack in the box chocolate banana shake. plain yogurt is good like this too, but not as sweet.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:10 AM   #22  

I love yogurt too. At first I couldn't stand the artificially sweetened varieties, but it all depends on the brand. I love dannon light n' fit raspberry with white chocolate. It satisfies my craving for something sweet and indulgent ^^. The blackberry is also an excellent choice, and at ninety calories it’s really easy to squeeze into my diet.

I've made frozen yogurt before, but I was always annoyed by the timing about it. Too little time and the middle is still liquid, too long and too hard. Last night I decided to try to experiment with insulation. I wrapped an 8 ounce container of blueberry yogurt with a thick paper towel and a little aluminum foil and put it inside two freezer bags. I left it over night in the freezer near where the door is so it wouldn't be right below to the blower. This afternoon I opened it up and it was just right, rich, creamy frozen but still soft.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #23  
Trying to ditch the yo-yo

Height: 5'6"

I LOOOOOOOOVE yougurt. I eat one to two cups of it a day. I especially love vanilla yogurt or strawberry yogurt with fresh strawberries for dipping. I'm really into parfaits this summer too. My favorite has been fresh blueberries topped with lemon yogurt and crushed low-fat gingersnaps. So insanely good and just over 100 calories per serving.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:58 PM   #24  
it's always something

Oh my gosh, so many wonderful ideas in this thread! Xuzi, I just added blueberries and low fat gingersnaps to my grocery list It sounds yummy!
Closed Thread