Best Low Fat Fries Ever!!!

• I tried a new recipe for baked fries - usually they come out so soggy. These were amazing!! The secret was soaking the potatoes in a salt and sugar water bowl for 15 minutes. If anyone wants the recipe - I will send it. They were really unbelievable. Just like home-made deep fried ones - without all the grease. Yummy.
  • sounds yummy! i'd like to try the recipe!
  • Oh - they are so good. And easy. And my KIDS loved them - that's amazing.

1.25 pounds potatoes - about 4 - sliced into strips
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp sugar

Put enough water in a bowl to cover the potatoes. Add the salt and sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes.

Take the potatoes out and blot dry. Toss in a large bowl with 4 tsp oil and 1 tsp paprika.

Place in a single layer on Pam-sprayed baking sheet. Bake in pre-heated 450 oven about 45 minutes. Turn them over a couple times as they brown.

Sprinkle with salt.
  • hey thanks!! i'll let you know how they come out! so does the sugar mixture give it that "deep fried" sorta taste?
  • Yes! It's actually even better-without all the grease from frying. Hope you like them! The only problem - I ate SO much, more than a serving. Oh well. Enjoy!
  • Hi,
    Your recipe sounds great....Do you think it would work with sweet potatoes?
    Also do you have the calories and fat grams etc. info.
    Thanks again.
  • I will get the info for you - its a WW recipe. Also, I have an awesome WW recipe for sweet potatoes - so easy. I don't know if the soaking thing would work for them - these in this recipe I will send are really good and don't require it. I have to take the kids to school and I will post when I get back!
  • I LOVE sweet potatoes.. and I'm going to try this fry recipe this weekend when I have my bf's kids over as well as mine. We'll see if it passes the "man" test. haha.
  • Sweet Potatoes -
    2 lbs large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
    1 Tbs olive oil
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    Preheat oven to 450. Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges. Toss with oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake, turn once, until brown and crispy...about 35 minutes.

How easy is that? And, these are amazing - my kids call them the "fries cookies". Yum.
    1 cup svg - 234 calories, 4g fat, 6g fiber. WWpoints= 4
  • This is a great recipe. I'm such a sucker for fries! But if i can manage to make these right, i won't feel so bad about eating them anymore. Thanks!