Healthy Meal Ideas...

• I was wondering if anyone has a website or book that they get healthy recipes from for meal ideas for breakfast and lunch, dinner and snacks?

Preferably recipes that are quick to prepare and don't require ALOT of ingredients and something that lists the calories, fat, etc. so that I can calculate points values???

I'm getting tired of eating the same things every day! lol Thanks in advance everyone!
  • Have you checked the recipes on our site? We have around 1,000 recipes that contain calories, fat, etc and we also include the point values for you

http://www.3fatchicks.com/cookbook/

We also maintain a list of healthy recipe websites at http://www.3fatchicks.com/food/healthy-recipe-sites.php

Hope that helps!
  • Thanks! I'll check them out!
  • I didn't know there were recipes on this site, I have just had a look and they are fabulous!!! Thank you!!!
  • I plan my meals from dinner backward since I refuse to cook separate meals for myself and/or my kids.

Tonight it's roast pork (2 slices) 6 points
    baked potato 3 plus butter = 4 points
    green beans 0 ponits
    and a cup of applesauce 1 point

That's 1 big meal for 11 points leaving me 10 to spend for the rest of the day

coffee 1 point
    low sugar instant oatmeal (2!) 3 points

a huge salad with low fat dressing 2 points
    a cup of homemade corn chowder 4 points

Last night was pasta (2 cups) 6 points tossed with a "sauce" of frozen artichoke hearts, fresh mushrooms, a splash of white wine and some garlic. I added a tiny bit of grated parm when I served it. 8 points total. I made a salad with it but had loaded the pasta with so many veggies I didn't have room to eat any!

I backed up from there and spent a bunch on "brunch". I had a veggie filled omlette (egg beaters) and cheese with 2 slices of toast. 8 points

I snacked on yogurt (2) and two tangerines(2) over the course of the day.

Tues I had Chinese food. We won't even talk about that!

Mon was a roasted chicken. I put rosemary and garlic in it, then when it was about halfway done I filled the pan with carrots, red potatoes, green beans and mushrooms. YUMMY! (and we have lots of leftovers for a quick meal over the weekend) I counted 6 points for the chicken and 4 for the veggies leaving me 10-12 to spend.

oatmeal (3)
    coffee (1)

salad with raisins and a spicy dressing (3)
    fruit (1)

and microwave popcorn for a snack(1)

and when I got to the end and realized I had pints to spare- I added a glass of wine to my dinner plans!

I've gone the WW route a couple of times and for me, success was all about planning. I made an Excel spreadsheet to plan my meals and track my points. It made it much easier to stay OP and helped a lot with grocery shopping too.

Good luck, and keep searching out tips then choose what works for YOU!
  • Rice is really filling. Brown rice is healthiest, I think, and it tastes good too.
  • Also try recipezaar.com