3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Need some smoothie ideas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/52559-need-some-smoothie-ideas.html)

lpnin03 01-27-2005 10:15 AM

Need some smoothie ideas

Hello everyone~

I have been having smoothies for breakfast and lunch and I could really use some more ideas. The two main smoothies that I make are

1. milk, fat free vanilla yogurt, 1/2 banana, chocolate slimfast and ice
2. milk, fat free vanilla yogurt, frozen mixed berries, vanilla slimfast and ice

I use the Carb Cutdown fat free milk in the smoothies. They are both really good but I need some ideas of something different to make now and then. This is all I have for breakfast and lunch and it is starting to get a little old just having these two to choose from.

Thanks,
Jenn

scoopschick 01-27-2005 08:05 PM

I skip the milk and use "all whites" Papetti Foods All Whites 100% Liquid Egg Whites. Is is pasteurized so you can drink it. Makes yummy smoothis, I also add some protein powder. I like all whites. 1 scoop. Here is my recipe

1.5 cups all whites
1 scoop protein
5 strawberries
1/4 cup splenda

if I use yogurt I will use 1/2 c and only 1 coff all whites.

Also, I crush the ice up first with the berries and then add the rest!!

This is a healthy HIGH PROTEIN smoothie and you would never know it.

Christalynn 01-27-2005 08:29 PM

Smoothies

Hiya lpnin03

Here is a long list of smoothie recipes. It has nutritional info and WW points (if you're on WW) I hope it helps.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/cookbook/l...ie-recipes.php

Kamily828 01-04-2006 04:40 PM

For the past two days, Ive been making Orange Banana Smoothies. I drink some for breakfast and have some for a snack instead of reaching for a coke.

8 oz Orange juice -made from frozen can
Crushed Ice
banana

I mix mine in a food processor. Yesterday I added a small can of drained Mandarin Oranges. It was great!!!

On my next grocery trip, Im going to look for more fruit to have a variety.

srmb60 01-04-2006 06:05 PM

I use protein powder, crushed flaxseed, fruit and water. Todays was canned pineapple with a couple of strawberries.

21 gms protein
29 gms carbs
4 gms of fat (most of which was the beneficial kind from the flaxseed)

40/38/21 percentage by cal (almost the perfect food by my count)
=254 cals.

Yogini 01-04-2006 06:28 PM

SusanB, that's a great and healthy smoothie!

I like hemp protein powder, ground flax seeds, calcium-fortified orange juice, and whatever frozen fruits have on hand (blueberries, mango, strawberries, sliced bananas, raspberries, pineapple...any fruit!).

srmb60 01-04-2006 07:51 PM

My sister was just telling me that she has hemp protein. She really likes it. I think she puts it in Ilene's pancake, ya know?

Yogini 01-04-2006 07:58 PM

I put hemp protein in smoothies, oatmeal...lots of places! It's very healthy :)

penpal 01-04-2006 08:47 PM

One of my 'resolutions' this year is to replace three of my breakfasts per week with a protein shake. I like to use protein powder (Balance 40/30/30) plus any kind of frozen berries and either nonfat milk of almond milk (great flavor).

My hubby just bought me a 'belated' Christmas present - a small drink blender for my smoothies with a nice built in mug - saves having to lug out my "industrial strength" blender every time. :carrot:

dawn7672 01-04-2006 11:20 PM

I use eas advant protein powder with minute maid light oj, 1c of frozen fruit and that's it. I drink it for breakfast ( after my workout at curves). I use to have problems with breakfast(meaning I used to skip it), but this is quick and easy, so I will continue with this.