Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 06:43 PM   #1  
Nursingstudent

Default salmon recipe I invented tonight yummmmm

Hi Chicks,
Tonight I was in the mood for something DIFFERENT to eat for dinner, so I headed out the door to Shop Rite and bought some freah ingredients and concocted something out of this world!! Here it is in a nut shell, hope you like it as much as I did!!!!

Salmon fillet
asparagus
onion
mushrooms
1 can unsalted stewed tomatoes
pepper
pam cooking spray

sweet potato

I sprayed the bottom of a pan and placed the salmon (skin down) in the pan.
Next, I let it cook for about 2 min then I turned it over for another minute or so. Turned it over again, with the skin down. Next, I added the stewed tomatoes, asparagus tips, onion, and mushrooms. I seasoned the whole thing w/pepper (NO SALT) the fish has enough.......I let it "stew" for about 10 minutes just until the veggies were soft, and the salmon tender as BUTTER!!!!

In a baking dish I had little cubes of a sweet potato cut up with some "I can't believe it is not butter" spray on them and a little bit of cinnimon.

I have to say, the dinner was absolutely delicious, FILLING and even more important, lo cal, lo fat, and lo carb!!!

Enjoy!!!

Laurie
Old 01-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I love salmon, but I seem to be stuck on just one way of cooking it. Very simple, but it's got a really good flavor. I don't care for the skin, so after it heats up a bit, I remove it. I rub it all over with Dunkee brand Grill Creations from Sam's Club. It's a steak seasoning, but it tastes better on salmon than on steak. I use Montreal for steak. LOL And I just cook it on medium heat in just a bit of olive oil. Once done, I put it on high heat and blacken the outsides. I usually throw some chopped cabbage, squash, or string beans into a little olive oil with Mrs. Dash on them to go on the side.
Closed Thread