I need Low Sodium, Low Fat Recipes!

• I need low sodium, low fat recipes. My friend just lent me her breadmaker, so I would like to have recipes that utilize that too:-) I have just been put on a low sodium (2000mg per day) and lowfat diet by my cardiologist and still want to make yummy food~~

Thanks in advance!
  • The American Heart Association has put out a low sodium cookbook, as have some other authors (there is one called "The No Salt Lowest Sodium Cookbook" by Donald Gazzaniga that got really good reviews on Amazon). You could see if you can find any low sodium cookbooks at the library and try them out for free.
  • We list sodium content in all the recipes on our site, if that helps you. We use Mastercook to determine the nutrient values, and Mastercook uses the USDA nutrient database. We don't have any recipes designed specifically for the breadmaker, but you might be able to use the breadmaker's instructions for converting some of our recipes.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/cookbook/l...ad-recipes.php
  • hi heather try buying low sodium foods. don't add fats or salt when you are cooking. cut any visable fat off meat. read the labels. good luck glen