Peanut butter alternative

• In the health food section of the grocery store I found one called "Better'N Peanut Butter". I like it a lot. It is higher in carbs but I count calories.

Better'N PB Low Sodium..............................Skippy smooth
    Serving Size: 2 Tbsp..................................2tbsp
    Calories: 100..........................................190
    Fat Calories: 20..........................................140
    Saturated Fat 0..........................................3.5g, 18%
    Total Fat: 2.5 g - 4%................................17 - 26%
    Sodium 95mg - 4%........................................150 - 6%
  • REALLY?! I am totally obssessed with peanut butter. Does it tase really fake? Because usually those low-fat/low-cal foods are. I would really like to try this out!
  • Power Butter
    There's also a peanut butter substitute called Power Butter that replaces a lot of the fat with protein. Here's the web site if you want to check it out: http://www.powerbutter.com/index.html Per tablespoon, it's 90 calories, 5g fat, 3.5g carbs (1.5g fiber), and 8g protein. I tasted a sample of it a few months ago and thought the texture was a little sandy but the taste was decent.
  • Mmm I love peanut butter but I hate eating it because of the calories! I might have to try this stuff!
  • I tried the Better 'N' Butter too...
    i thought it tasted a little gummy....you definitely wouldn't mistake it for real PB, but it's a good alternative. I personally didn't care for it though.
  • I LOVE powerbutter- it's incredibly yummy. It's also incredibly expensive ($9.95 a jar online) but I get it as an occasional indulgence (I eat a lot of PB). Been experimenting making my own with flax seeds and 'just whites' powdered egg whites, but just not the same. Yet.