3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   what are some good low fat snack choices? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/358-what-some-good-low-fat-snack-choices.html)

chubby_angel 01-19-2001 01:04 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just wondering being new to this and all what are some choices you all like for low fat and low cal snacks?I am still learning to read those labels so far I know of a few things I can snack with out blowing it.Like Pretzles,choc rice cakes,veggie and fruit sticks.So any suggestions..
Thanks Tiffany
P.S. Can crystal light count towards your water?

jazzyvs 01-20-2001 09:08 PM

Hi Tiffany, I have been doing this for a while now and they are several things out there to snack on and taste GREAT!! and we know how important taste is. There's something called Great Escape out there with several different candy bars the waffer bar is my favorite and its only 1pt per bar. Hunts puts out small packs of Fat Free pudding (choc. is my Fav.) and its 1 pt per cup, Jell-O has a sugar free jello 3 dif. flavor cups only 15 calories per cup you can eat all three cups for only 1pt. I put a receipe on the dessert section thats called Strawberry Smoothie my husband and I love it and its only 1pt per serving try it and let me know how you like it, also WOW! puts out some really great tasting chips. These are items I like to snack on. Let me know if you've tried any of them......Vikki

spinksy123 01-21-2001 07:54 AM

Hi there,

I like the following:
The baby carrots -- 1 point per cup.
Sugar free jello -- 0 points.
Mini rice cakes --8/1 point.
Popcorn -- Lite microwave -- bag is 2-3 points.
Sugar free soda/V8 juice
Pickles -- 0 points.

Good luck.

------------------
Not to try is to fail....pick yourself up and try again.

Sis 01-21-2001 09:12 PM

Just a note on the FF Hunts or Jello pudding they come out to 1.8 pts so I count them as 2 pts per cup.
I also like Country Fresh Fudgesikles(sp) the single ones are 1 pt each...Have a great day....Sis

lighter 01-27-2001 09:00 AM

Don't forget Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches. They are big and only 2 pts. try www.skinnycow.com. Cut Kashi Go Lean bars in half and then only 2 1/2 pts. They are big. www.kashi.com. they have a location site that you put in your zip code and find out if there is a store near you that sells them.

------------------

Ann P

summitnc 02-05-2001 09:13 AM

My favorite snack other than WOW chips.

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

Low Fat Graham Crackers 1 Sheet = 1 pt
Cool Whip Lite 0 pts

Break one sheet of Craham Cracker in half
Spread Cool Whip thick on one piece
Stack other piece on top
Freeze
Great 1 point snack
I make lots and just reach in freezer when I want something sweet

Good Luck

[This message has been edited by summitnc (edited 02-04-2001).]

Whiskey's Mom 02-07-2001 01:52 AM

That cool whip sandwich sounds great. I can't wait to try it! One of my favorites is the snack wells caremel cookies. They taste great. I also chew gum to help stop the urge to eat. Sometimes just the action of chewing somthing helps. I don't count points so I couldn't tell you what's what there.

tnj 02-12-2001 03:10 AM

I also have found that the fat-free pringles with salsa are a very good portable snack---15 chips for 2 pts. and salsa is free

lighter 02-12-2001 05:08 AM

I make my Cool Whip sandwiches with chocolate graham crackers.

------------------

Ann P

Tara 02-18-2001 10:22 PM

Try the WW 2 Point bars - they are GREAT!! They satisfy my sweet tooth and for just 2 points its well worth it.

Tara :)

------------------
[email protected]

Failure is not falling down, failure is staying down!