Phoney Cannoli!

• As promised - the phoney cannoli recipe

16 wonton skins
    2tbsp butter, melted
    1tsp ground cinnamon
    16 oz riccota cheese
    1/2 cup confectioner's sugar (icing sugar)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 semisweet chocolate chips
    1 tsp butter

Preheat oven to 400 F.
    Grease two baking sheets.

Brush both sides of wonton skin with butter and then sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Shape into a tube by curling opposite corners around a cannoli mold (I used a tiny funnel). Repeat to make 16 shells.

Place the shells, seam side down, on the greased baking sheets. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cannolis are set and slightly brown at the edges.

Remove from oven and let stand 3 minutes or until the shells have cooled and are crisp. Gently slide off baking sheet onto a plate.

In a large bowl cream together the cheese sugar and vanilla extract with and electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in 2 tbsps of the chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Just before serving, spoon the riccota mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip. Pipe riccota filling into the shells from both ends.

Place remaining 2 tbsps of chocolate chips and the 1tsp of butter into a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high, stirring every 20 seconds, until chocolate is almost melted. Stir completely until melted and smooth.
    Using a fork, drizzle the chocolate over the cannoli.

*These weigh in at 3 WW points per peice, however I made them a little lighter by using light riccota cheese and won ton skins are listed at 5 for 1 pt(?) so I think you can get down to 2 points or even one if you use splenda instead of the sugar.

Nutritional info per cannoli:
    115 cal; 6g fat, 0g fibre, 10g carbs
    from Prevention low-carb recipes with alterations by moi
  • Oh, my GOD!! Thank you VERY much, Mauvais!
  • Yes,Yes, I NEED this recipe. Thanks, Mauvais!!
  • Yeah, like a hole in the head, Irish.
  • Mauvais, does this need ricotta cheese? The directions refer to it, but I don't see it in the list...

I'll be making these!
  • Whoops silly me!

It is 16 oz of riccotta cheese.

The recipe has being edited and now includes the cheese
  • Oh boy oh boy! Thanks! I want to try these next weekend for Suzanne and Dad's birthday party!
  • Hey Jen, my birthday was in January and I don't remember getting these!! Let's try it again
  • Are you volunteering for another birthday?