Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #1  
Sup

Default Weight loss story

The turning point: There was a point in my life when I knew I had hit the rock bottom. My weight had got out of my control and I felt really lethargic and exhausted all the time. Moreover, I wasn’t really doing anything to get myself out of that situation. Ultimately, I grew so frustrated with my situation that I decided to completely change my lifestyle. I pushed and dragged myself to join a gym in June 2018. It was incredibly challenging as in the beginning it was impossible for me to even run for half a kilometre. However, I made it a point to work on my stamina and endurance every single day. Today, I am glad that I did not give up!
My breakfast: Boiled eggs, a cup of tea and 2 paranthas
My lunch:A bowl of dal and a portion of green vegetables
My dinner: A bowl of dal or soup, a portion of salad and boiled eggs
Pre-workout meal: 3 glasses of warm water
Post- workout meal: A cup of black coffee with a portion of peanuts
I indulge in: I have no fixed cheat days. I usually indulge in biryani and butter chicken.
My workout: I make it a point to follow a balanced workout routine. So, I do weight training, cardio and functional training religiously.
Low-calorie recipes I swear by: I vouch on soups, salad, boiled eggs and boiled chicken.
Fitness secrets I unveiled: When you are on a quest to lose weight, you are bound to hit a weight loss plateau sooner or later when your weight will refuse to budge. When the same thing happened to me, I completely stopped consuming salt and carbs.
How do I stay motivated? Whether it was the loss of inches or the shifting of pointer on the weight scale, I could see that my hard work and determination was paying off. It also made me realise what I was really capable of!
How do you ensure you don’t lose focus? I made it a point to set small targets which helped me achieve my major weight loss goals gradually. I have realised that when you celebrate small victories, it sets you up for a bigger success.
What’s the most difficult part of being overweight? One of the worst aspects of being overweight is that I felt really tired all the time.
What shape do you see yourself 10 years down the line? Now that I have lost a considerable amount of weight, I want to focus on toning my body and maintaining my current weight.
What are the lifestyle changes you made? One of the biggest changes I made was in my mindset. I ensured that come what may, I am not going to deter from my weight loss goals. After that, my lifestyle followed my mindset.
What was the lowest point for you? I felt really low and lost when I wasn’t able to run even half a kilometre without panting for air. Moreover, I wasn’t able to fit into the clothes of my choice. At that point, I felt really heartbroken.
Lessons learnt from weight loss: If you set your mind onto something, it is important that you do not stop, no matter what comes your way. There will be several challenges in your weight loss journey but you have to keep fighting them. In the end, the happiness you will get after looking in the mirror will be much bigger than any hurdle.
Sup is offline   Reply With Quote