Any substitutes for coffee that you can suggest?

• Hi. I need to go caffeine free for the next few weeks. Are there any substitutes for coffee you can suggest? I don't like the taste of decaf.
  • Well, people are going to suggest tea. My favorite is African Rooibos tea- it's got a nice bold flavor, I think, and no caffeine.

I've heard of people using chiccory or dandelion root (roasted) to replace coffee but haven't personally tried either one.
  • Psychologically. Hot tea but any black tea also has caffeine so you need to be careful. Phsyiologically. If you drink it every morning be prepared for crushing headaches for awhile.
  • Maybe tea? Its hot, but the flavour is really diffrent. In cases of flavour, try something with milk?
  • Tasty coffee alternatives other than tea
    I’ve been had to experiment with caffeine free alternatives and here’s a few coffee flavored subs: teacchino(tea bag style), Dandiblend(dissolves in warm/hot water) is super good! Hope this helps! ☕️
  • Have you tried Ayurvedic Roast? It touts its health benefits as well as its coffee-like flavor — it contains Ayurvedic herbs Ashwagandha, Shatavari, and Brahmi. The flavor profile is similar to Cafix, but fresher and more aromatic. This makes sense, as it's a less processed product — the grains and herbs are simply roasted and ground.

It takes a little bit more effort to prepare this coffee substitute — you can steep it like loose tea for a medium-bodied beverage, or boil it in water for a more viscous brew. Either way, it's got a nice, toasty flavor, and it comes in both French vanilla and unflavored varieties. You can get it on Amazon.