I need No Salt cooking suggestion?

• I have a friend who cannot have any salt in her foods... I want to cook her a dinner, but how do I cook a roast or a roasted chicken wihtout salt adn bring out the most incredible flavor? I'm use to cooking with salt, because it brings out the flavor...

I know to use garlic, onion, but then from there I am lost.
  • Look for salt-free seasonings. Mrs Dash is good & McCormick has a lot of salt-free seasonings like lemon pepper & garlic-herb seasoning.

You can put lemon slices under the skin of the chicken before roasting it, sprinkle the skin w/rosemary.

As for beef, I like my garlic. Rub the roast w/crushed garlic before cooking.

You can bake some potatoes (400 degrees for 50-60 min) and let everyone season their own, or the same w/rice, or add Mrs Dash to the rice before cooking. The worst thing you can do is make one of those premade rice & sauce or noodles & sauce dishes--those things are LOADED w/salt.

And for veggies, salad is always good, let everyone do their own dressing; you can make a good viniagrette from red wine vinegar & olive oil & fresh cracked black pepper. If you're going to serve veggies w/the meal too, DON'T use canned veggies. Even if you rinse them off before boiling them in plain water, they're still saltier than frozen. I don't know what I'd do w/o frozen broccoli & green beans. Another good thing is a fresh veggie tray.

Good luck!
  • Thank you...

Denise...