Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Is there any benefit from so-called 'slimming super foods'?

Have any of you tried and had success with any slimming food?

For example, it is said that Horse gram is an exceptionally good food for weight loss. I do not the know the mechanism by which these supposedly super foods for weight loss enable losing body fat, but I am assuming they may boost metabolism and may also render a filling effect for lesser calories consumed?

Do you know how they act and promote weight loss?

Have you had success with and thus would recommend any of these slimming foods?
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Forget the funny stuff and stick to super foods that are known and readily available like fish, blueberries (all berries for that matter), nuts, avocado, kale, spring greens, kimchi, garlic, cinnamon, eggs, chili powder, olives or olive oil... The list goes on. All healthy foods are super for making you feel and look great and super for keeping the weight off too.

But even with super foods, you will still need to be prudent how much you eat to lose weight or to exercise more. There is no getting around that.

Last edited by IanG; 09-15-2015 at 08:51 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Ian. I agree with your reply. It is always good to eat all these established diet friendly foods you have listed. I just was curious to look into Ayurvedic treatments for weight loss and got introduced to Horse Gram. (The way is to use it is to dry roast it, grind to a powder with salt, mix 2 tsp in water and drink). Since it was easy to use and was widely acclaimed as an Ayurvedic treatment, wanted to know about it. I'll stick to your advice.
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote