3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Snack ideas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/296347-snack-ideas.html)

itsmejessica 05-30-2014 01:31 PM

Snack ideas

I was wondering what snacks do you all eat to control hunger between meals?
Is there some that work better for you then others?
my favorite is an apple with almond/peanut butter
Kind Bars are amazing but expensive so I limit them to one a day if that.
And I love triscuts with some kind of nut butter.
those are my 3 go to snacks.
If I eat just a piece of fruit it doesn't really help.

nonameslob 05-30-2014 01:38 PM

I agree with apple and peanut butter! Works awesome for me. Also, carrot sticks with hummus.

GordonGirl16 05-30-2014 01:40 PM

Carrot sticks with hummus works really well for me. They have a lot of fiber so I feel full pretty quickly from them. Popcorn without butter is really good too. If you put just a little salt or a sprinkle of cheese it's really good and not too many calories, and it's actually filling. A nonfat or lowfat greek yogurt is really good too.

Munchy 05-30-2014 01:49 PM

Have you tried making kind bars instead of buying them? They're a lot cheaper!

I eat two snacks per day - one is always a serving of fruit, and the other is a serving of vegetables with dip. I've pretty much stuck to baby carrots and grape tomatoes dipped in ranch for the past few years. The years before that were usually the same, but dipped in hummus (but the hummus bothers my stomach sometimes).

Anyway, my daughter likes to eat things like popcorn, nuts, plain Greek yogurt, rice crackers with sharp cheese, any fruit, peanut butter on celery or apples, dried fruit, and jerky.

If I'm really hungry and want to curb it, I just eat a cup of pureed soup that is typically in the 50-100 calorie range. I keep homemade soup frozen in 1-cup portions at all times. I'd rather have a cup of 65 calorie cream of zucchini soup or 53 calorie watercress cauliflower soup than eat a piece of celery or a few almonds and not feel like it's substantial enough.

itsmejessica 05-30-2014 02:16 PM

Munchy thanks for the link will most def try making them.

Thanks for the good ideas. Hummus! I love it. I have a hard time not eating the whole container, :) so haven't bought or made any in a while.

nonameslob 05-30-2014 02:36 PM

itsmejessica, I get individual packets from Costco. They're 120 calories each, organic, maybe 5 ingredients on the list (pretty much the same exact things I put into my own). I think about 16 total per box for like $5. It's ridiculous. I also eat the whole tub when I buy the bigger ones haha! Or your can portion it out into smaller containers, or make your own and do the same.

itsmejessica 05-30-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonameslob (Post 5013808)
itsmejessica, I get individual packets from Costco. They're 120 calories each, organic, maybe 5 ingredients on the list (pretty much the same exact things I put into my own). I think about 16 total per box for like $5. It's ridiculous. I also eat the whole tub when I buy the bigger ones haha! Or your can portion it out into smaller containers, or make your own and do the same.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I think will buy some.
Just had some broccoli and baby carrots w/ranch that seemed to help.
I seem to be starving between 2-4 and all these ideas are good. Most are easy and travel well. Thanks again.

Start203 06-29-2014 10:50 PM

Applesauce
Apple slices
Grapes
Organic air popped popcorn
Nuts (my fave to munch on are pistaccios, and pecans)
Carrot sticks
Cereal bars
Coffee

luckymommy 06-29-2014 11:33 PM

Hard boiled eggs
String Cheese
Hand full of pistachios (raw and unsalted)
Soup

kurisitaru 06-29-2014 11:43 PM

Most people listed things I eat on here all ready. But, I'll just list.
Apple Sauce
Apple Slices with Peanut butter
Peanut butter on a celery stick
raisins
yogurt covered raisins
granola bar
strawberries (particularly when wanting something sweet!)
Cantaloupe
Popcorn, no butter or salt
72% Dark Chocolate
Some nuts
Yogurt
Carrots and hummus
These small crackers I get from Trader Joes with Hummus
Banana Chips
Dried Mango
Dried Apricots
Rice Cakes
Nabisco's 100 cal packs
Grapes
Honeydew Mellon
Broccoli with a low fat dip
steamed peas
Boiled Egg (I usually keep 1-2 boiled eggs in my fridge when I'm REALLY hungry).
Sunflower Seeds
Wine

I weigh/measure all of the above to be about 70 calories - 150 calories depending on what it is and how much I have left for the day. I keep some of it on hand no matter what. I eat different things depending on what I'm craving, and I try to make sure I have eaten veggies/fruit that day as well.

NaughtyNibbler 07-03-2014 10:54 AM

I make popcorn in the microwave and use a plain paper lunch bag. I spray a little, "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on it. Sometimes, I add a few chunks of dried apples and then a little lite salt.

Good for a case of "The Munchies"

Naughty