Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/130

Default What's the healthiest thing you can eat at McDonald's?

Obviously I would prefer not to eat there at all, but I'm going to be out today all evening starting at about 5 pm. Hubby says we'll probably stop there for dinner, and I thought my best bet would be to plan ahead what I'm going to have. Suggestions?

Best idea I can come up with right now is a hamburger and apples. (I wouldn't actually eat the caramel they usually come with if I did this.)
rosesandholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Their site says that their Premium Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken has 230 calories - that's pretty good.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #3  

Bases on WW points plus, a salad with grilled chicken and one of the following dressings is healthiest:

Southwest
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Italian
stunningsparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #4  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

The most filling and nutritious meal for the amount of calories it contains is likely the Premium Southwest Salad With Grilled Chicken w/ Southwest Dressing. Even with the dressing, the salad is only 390 calories. It contains approximately 28 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. Its pretty tasty too!

Add on a Fruit and Yogurt Parfait for only 150 calories and you have a well-balanced meal at only 540 calories.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

ice cubes? :P

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 04-24-2014 at 04:24 PM.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
The most filling and nutritious meal for the amount of calories it contains is likely the Premium Southwest Salad With Grilled Chicken w/ Southwest Dressing. Even with the dressing, the salad is only 390 calories. It contains approximately 28 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. Its pretty tasty too!
Agreed. It's often my on the road emergency meal when we travel long distances. I've also eaten a McDouble without the bread for 230 calories.

Last edited by Munchy; 04-24-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW: 248/ CW:192.8/ GW: 150

Height: 5' 7"

I am going to McDonalds today as well. There is a party at mine today for the kids. I am going to get the Bacon Ranch Salad with grilled chicken. It is only 230 with out dressing and 410 with the Ranch dressing. Of course it is less calories with a less calorie dressing but I made sure I could support the extra calories with what I have already eaten. I will drink a glass of water and maybe a parfait if I want a treat. It is 150 with granola and only 130 without granola and oh so good.
corrine1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

I'm so jealous. I wish McDonalds in the UK had a range of diet choice food.
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSatinPumpkin View Post
ice cubes? :P

lol pretty much
MsMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #10  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

What did you end up getting?

I'm a little late to the party but I do like the Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken Wrap. It's only 360 calories and is pretty yummy, and is my go-to meal whenever we hit Mickey D's. It's also easier to eat if I'm on the go than a salad is and even has some veggies on it. I'll also get the Fruit & Yogurt parfait sometimes for 150 calories, or a side salad with the balsamic vinaigrette at only 50 calories.

I've found I can eat just about anywhere as long as I do a little research.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:50 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
What did you end up getting?

I'm a little late to the party but I do like the Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken Wrap. It's only 360 calories and is pretty yummy, and is my go-to meal whenever we hit Mickey D's. It's also easier to eat if I'm on the go than a salad is and even has some veggies on it. I'll also get the Fruit & Yogurt parfait sometimes for 150 calories, or a side salad with the balsamic vinaigrette at only 50 calories.

I've found I can eat just about anywhere as long as I do a little research.
LOL, actually when dinner time came hubby told me that he had been using "McDonald's" as a generic term for fast food, much in the same way that "Coke" means any sort of soda in the South. We ended up going to a sub sandwich place called Jimmy John's, and I had their shorter (8 inch, I think?) turkey sub.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #12  
diamondgeog

I think in general it is healthy to not only focus on calories. I understand this is about McDonalds and people understand it isn't the healthiest food.

But to me I focus on carbs and avoiding processed foods and all those chemicals. I haven't counted calories once this past year.

I think this is an excellent discussion. But for me making a choice it is about carbs and as whole foods as possible. So if I eat there I suppose a salad would be best and then the least processed dressing possible.

The burgers when I eat there were HIGHLY addictive. I think they have food engineers doing who knows what to enhance that.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #13  

Diamondgeog, absolutely they are addictive, and absolutely that is chemically done and deliberate. I found out about that by reading a very informative and entertaining book called Fast Food Nation