3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Addicted to soda... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/293051-addicted-soda.html)

Yogini99 04-03-2014 04:58 PM

I found that a green smoothie (fruit and spinach or kale) give me a huge burst of energy in the am. Better than coffee. If you are craving the bubbles, try club soda with lemon or even a little juice. It's delicious. When i crave soda, it's the bubble I really want.

xRiotGirl 04-03-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrivenByAmbition (Post 4952250)
I switched to tea and then I went cold turkey. It gets easier, and it's better for you.

This is what I did, too. I just started having two cups of tea a day: one midday and one at night (+ a small cup of iced coffee in the morning). On top of that I started working water in -- sometimes I'd only have one glass in a day, but eventually (by eventually I mean only about 2 or 3 weeks later!!) I was all water all the time. It was HARD for the first week/week and a half, and then it just got exponentially easier. For me it was just a matter of getting past the initial withdrawals.

Good luck to you :)

Koshka 04-03-2014 07:29 PM

I struggle with this also. In my case, it is Cherry Coke Zero. So, it isn't the sugar. It is the flavor and the caffeine. I have cut down on it. I had got down to just doing 2 in the morning (12 oz cans) but lately I've been creeping up again. I've been working on learning how to drink green tea as an alternative. Giving up caffeine is hard for me.

I think I just have to cold turkey it and quit drinking them since it is something that I find difficult to do in moderation.

mb2004 04-07-2014 10:45 PM

I was drinking 5-8 mountain dews a day.... It sucked but I went cold turkey... Didnt buy it, Instead I carried a water bottle constantly. Now when I get a drink it seems really sweet (and that only took 2 weeks!!) I use green tea in my breakfast smoothie daily for my caffiene boost! Between the sugar in all the fruit and and the green tea it helps. you could also find another tea thats more caffienated as well....

Incase you want to know what my smoothies look like this is what I do....

I start by making green tea, I use two tea bags in 8oz of water. Then put that and 2 cups of kale in the blender. Blend it to a juice form. Then I add about 2 cups of whatever fruit I feel like I swear I ALWAYS! have strawberries in it (I always keep strawberries, peaches, mangos, and blueberries frozen in the freezer always) blend it again. Then add in a tablespoon or two of flaxseed and stir it in then boom pour it in my smoothie cup (and of course a little into my 1 year olds cup too or else I dont get to drink mine!)

MsMatic 04-13-2014 10:18 PM

I had a serious Pepsi addiction growing up!
Starting when I was just a toddler and going all the way to my early 20s.
At that time, I started to get recurring yeast infections. Every time I'd get cleared up, I'd get another one almost right after.
My gyno told me it was from sugar. Yeast thrive on sugar.
He sent me home without a prescription and said to avoid all sugars except for natural sugars in fruit. Under any other circumstances I would've never given up Pepsi but within a few days the infection started to clear up on it's own and I haven't had one since!

I stuck with the no pepsi thing in fears that I'd trigger another infection and something AMAZING happened... I lost 20lbs!! Within 30 days!! I made no changes to my diet whatsoever.... It was all soda/sugar weight!!

After that I ended up switching to Diet Pepsi for a good decade.
Two to Three 2-Liters A DAY!! I drunk it straight from the bottle. :( Gross i know! Then out of nowhere, about a year and a half a go I just decided I didn't want to drink it anymore. I stopped buying it and never looked back.

Soda is extremely addictive though!!

free529 04-13-2014 11:29 PM

Hi there! I have been researching about soda's and some sugar stuffs eventually. I found out that maybe it's really not the soda you really need. Your soda crave is actually your body cells craving for CALCIUM.

Try increasing your calcium intake thru supplements, vege's such as brocolli or milk. Hope this helps. If there's anything you need to ask, Just PM me :)

VioletDolphin83 04-13-2014 11:51 PM

I used to drink 4 cans of diet soda a day. At my worst I drank a large bottle of it everyday. I was really addicted. Then me and my husband quit it completely over a month ago and I rarely get cravings for it anymore. It can be an expensive habit to have and that's part of the reason I stopped having it, that and the fact that it isn't particularly healthy.

Koshka 04-14-2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koshka (Post 4977048)
I struggle with this also. In my case, it is Cherry Coke Zero. So, it isn't the sugar. It is the flavor and the caffeine. I have cut down on it. I had got down to just doing 2 in the morning (12 oz cans) but lately I've been creeping up again. I've been working on learning how to drink green tea as an alternative. Giving up caffeine is hard for me.

I think I just have to cold turkey it and quit drinking them since it is something that I find difficult to do in moderation.

To update this, I quit buying Cherry Coke Zero for the house. I've gotten to where I have iced green tea in the morning. Sometimes I put a little True Lemonade in it (no artificial sweetener but a packet has stevia and 1g sugar).

I do sometimes have diet Coke or Coke Zero when I'm out at a restaurant and I had one when I left the grocery store this week. I really plan to get rid of those as well. But at least I'm not having them every day any more.

tinamariefitforme 04-14-2014 03:38 PM

It has been great to hear from everyone! This is the last week of lent and I have gone without soda for the most party, I went to a bar this weekend and my drink had a little bit of sprite in it Opps! But on a scale of 1 - 10 my craving for soda is like a 1 or 2 most days! I am so proud of myself!

free529 04-14-2014 11:32 PM

Tip

Hi. Sometimes, soda craving is a misinterpretation of what you're body really needs. It's not the soda that your body is craving. It's the calcium. Your body needs more calcium. Try taking some time, a month or two, supplementing you calcium intake. You might want to take supplements, milk or healthy vege's such as brocolli rich in calcium.

Try this tip.

I'm a soda addict before. But I found out this one thru a program I am in now. It's 30 Day Sugar Free by Barry Friedman. If you have more problems about your sugar intake, just give me a hit. I share what I have learned to you :) God bless :)

EagleRiverDee 04-15-2014 02:11 PM

For a mental boost, if you haven't viewed it already, watch "Sugar, the Bitter Truth". It's long, but it will completely change your attitude about sugar. Sugar is no longer just a dietary no-no. You will see it as poison.