Best kitchen scale?

• I had a little mechanical scale that I loved until the springs in it wore out; I also didn't like that the little cup for it didn't fit everything I wanted to weigh, and it didn't really accommodate other vessels for my food.

Then I got a Taylor digital scale from Target; the one with the bamboo surface. It's pretty, and I liked it at first, but now it doesn't seem incredibly accurate. Like, I can pick something up and put it down, or just push it to a different spot on the scale, and the measurement will change by 0.3 oz. That may not sound like much, but I'm low carb so I eat a lot of meats and cheeses. Those are very satisfying foods, but somewhat calorie dense. A half ounce of cheese per day can make the difference in whether or not I make my calorie goals for the day!

So, what types of scales do the rest of you have? I want something that is very accurate, preferably one that uses AA or AAA batteries rather than the Li-Ion batteries that are pricier and harder to find in the correct size.

• http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had this for a couple years now and I love it and use it all the time. As far as I can tell it's perfectly accurate. I love the color, and it comes in lots of options and was cheap