Oven Roasted Carrot "Fries"

• OMG, thanks to Elvislover324 for this fabulous find!!! I felt like I had to share with you all about this awesome and easyyyy way to enjoy carrots.

Basically, slice carrots into sticks or whatever shape you'd prefer, toss in olive oil along with some salt and pepper. Bake at 375 to 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, depending on thickness of your carrots. Be sure to flip halfway through cooking.

I thought they tasted so much like sweet potato fries especially when I used garlic oil and garlic salt.

I'm tempted to try a mock "sweet potato" casserole with these carrot fries. Sooooo good! Try it, y'all!!! Even my mother, who hates carrots with a passion, enjoyed them!
  • You can also do this with broccoli and cauliflower and they taste AMAZING. With the broccoli I add some fresh minced garlic - it is TO DIE for!

Jen
  • For roasted broccoli, shake a little Parmesan on at the end, and it pushes it from amazing to heaven in your mouth.
  • Yum, most veggies taste better roasted, it looks like. That garlic and Parmesan would be a good combo! Thanks, guys.
  • I'm salivating.... I've got to try these.
  • Quote: I'm salivating.... I've got to try these.
    You should! I'm making some roasted carrots again tonight to go with mashed potatoes, gravy and pot roast.
  • Yup loooved the carrot fries. I am going to try the broccilli & Cauliflower right now