Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 313/165

Height: 5'7

Default No-dough pizza

As it is, this is a rather rich and fattening recipe but I think it could be altered to be much more diet-friendly. You could either do a full veggie version and leave off meat entirely, or use turkey pepperoni. You could also use either low fat or fat-free cream cheese and topping cheese. I've tried Kraft's fat-free shredded mozarella and it was great. A little slice of this with a salad would be great. I love finding recipes and creating ways to make them healthier.

CRUST

1-8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese

TOPPINGS

1/2 c pizza sauce
1 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers or any toppings of your choice
garlic powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Let cool about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Silver Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #2  

There are a number of low carb recipes on the internet that use cauliflower or even zucchini. Much better calorie and fiber wise than cream cheese.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 313/165

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the suggestion Tommy! There is now also Greek Cream Cheese made from greek yogurt. It has the health benefit of extra protein. I haven't tried it yet, so not sure how it tastes.
Silver Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #4  

Thanks for sharing this one!!
LoveChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote