Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

Default About-Time Protein Powder

I just ordered some off amazon, for you low carb people (like moi) it's great. Good taste (I mixed it with Almond Milk) and only one carb 24g of protein. I have been drinking it as a quick meal replacement when necessary. It's a little pricey but I'm not living on the stuff entirely so I don't mind.

Any other good meal replacement recommendations?
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well if it is only 1g/carb, then it isn't meant to be a meal replacement and is probably pretty light on calories for a meal unless you are eating more than 3 times per day?

I'm not a fan of whey protein powders but I also don't like eating in the morning. I get hungry in the morning but I prefer to drink my breakfast so I mix a protein powder (my current favorite is PlantFusion which is also not meant as a meal replacement) with fruit to make it more of a meal. Depending what I add, it is 250-300 calories and has a nice mix of protein, carbs and fat. If I do buy a meal replacement powder, I tend to scale back on the fruit a bit and don't need to add any fat but I like the mix of frozen fruit with my protein powder.

I really like hemp, brown rice and pea protein mixes overall but they can be a little gritty due to the hemp but I like the healthy fats and fiber that generally come in hemp protein powder.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote