Container for homemade salad dressing?

• Just curious, what do you folks keep your homemade salad dressings in?
    How long do they last in the fridge?
  • I use a square rubbermade container and pour from the corner (as if it were a spout). I make my dressings in the same container - add ingredients, snap on lid, and shake.

I used to have a tupperware shaker container ( which has a snap on lid and a snap on spout on the lid). I liked that it had a spout, but the square Rubbermade container is easier to clean.
  • I rarely buy jarred items but I have my dad save his glass jam jars for me. I put the ingredients into the jar and shake well. These are oil and vinegar style dressings. I wipe the rim with a paper towel after pouring to minimize goopage. They last for weeks. My fridge holds a nice cold temp.
  • I use mason jars. You could use an old jelly jar too.
  • I got a salad dressing cruet with mix by Good Seasons from the grocery store in the salad dressing isle. I just use the italian dressing mix with red wine vinegar and a little oil. I use it til I run out. If it goes bad, I haven't found out when that point would be yet.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1806594...Types&var=sbar
  • I got this Kolder Salad Dressing Bottle. It's cheap and it has recipes on the side. I love it!

I keep mine for about a week if it's creamy and then whenever it doesnt taste as good for the O&V mixes.
  • Like some others, I use a rubbermaid/tupperware type of container and pour from the corners. I save and use glass jars from jams/preserves, mushrooms, olives, etc- all different sizes.

They sell medium sized mason jars at the dollar store near me so check that out if you'd like if you have that in your area.
  • Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Did you know that a pint size mason jar will fit on many blenders? Mine is an ancient Oster model, and I just put vinaigrette ingredients in the jar, screw on the blade, gasket and ring, then pop it on the blender base. It whizzes up great dressings! Then, I store it in the same jar. I've recently found that the plastic lids from PB2 jars fit on mason jars, so I use one of those.
  • I used this one to keep in my fridge at home: OXO Good Grips salad dressing shaker

and these little beauties to take dressing to work with me: Dressing-to-Go 3-Pack Containers.

You can find both at Bed Bath and Beyond (online or in the store)