3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Miracle Noodles - zero calories and they are actually good! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/283906-miracle-noodles-zero-calories-they-actually-good.html)

Underwater 06-25-2013 12:24 AM

Miracle Noodles - zero calories and they are actually good!

I put a package of the angel hair in the stir fry tonight and they were great! Zero calories! I can barely believe it!

If you haven't given them a shot yet, I recommend them! Be sure to rinse well! They come out of the package very smelly!

Psychic 06-25-2013 10:25 AM

Where did you find them at? I've been looking for them everywhere.

betsy2013 06-25-2013 10:44 AM

Most bigger grocery stores carry them in the health foods section plus you can order them on line from Amazon and netrition -- and I'm sure there are a lot of other sources.

I've used them, and one thing I've noticed is that if you use more than the suggested serving size, it definitely impacts the taste. By that I mean deciding that since they have no calories you can use the entire bag for a plate of spaghetti......well, it didn't work out too well for me. When I used the recommended serving size, it was just fine.

thnknthin1 06-25-2013 11:14 AM

I saw those in the store the other day and was curious about them since I've seen others have tried them also. I just may have to buy some next time I"m at the store. I have definitely missed my pasta! Now if I can find a substitute for a nice crusty bread :)

Brendansmum 06-25-2013 11:39 AM

I just bought some at our local Meijer grocery store.I have seen a lot of bad reviews on Amazon but I'm willing to give them a try. I'm going to do a veggie lo mein with them and see how it goes. I'm not sure how good it would be with spaghetti sauce or marinara.

I also recently got some chia seeds and made some chia pudding...it was really surprisingly good. I used just coconut milk, some honey and 1T of the chia seeds, really good desert and there are a million variations.

Underwater 06-25-2013 04:42 PM

I got it on Amazon... free shipping if you have prime!

Also, it was suggested to me to use them in dishes where the noodles are not the focus. So my stir fry and I think someone else mentioned lo mein- those would be good to try first.

Be sure to rinse them - they are stinky out of the package!

Syckgirlsfv 06-25-2013 04:54 PM

ugh, I hate to say this but...I HATED those when I tried them :barf:

they were so bad I can't imagine them tasting any better any way you cook them!

I use the vermicelli noodles from Costco that are made from grean beans, peas, and water. That's it...and they are fantastic! They cook in 3 minutes and are clear like glass noodles. Some coconut oil and Sriracha and you're good to go! :D

Syckgirlsfv 06-30-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMisfit (Post 4782538)
What is this? Are you talking about the thin stringy seaweed using in Asian cuisine? It tastes like seaweed so you can't substitute it for regular pasta. The whole dish will be changed. It's traditionally used in some soups. It would be good with a chicken or vegetable stock + carrots and onion.

Update: I looked up Miracle Noodle Pasta and that is definitely something else. I've seen these packages at the store and they look gross. Looks like gel cut into noodle shape. So they have a strong taste too? gross.

believe me, they are just nasty. I threw them away...couldn't even eat them. And I washed the **** out of them. I only got them because they were free...now I know why!:dizzy:

Psychic 06-30-2013 08:29 PM

My local GE just started carrying them. I bought some and cooked them yesterday. I added tofu and pesto. Turned out well. They're not something I would want to eat all the time, but they're edible.

BettyBooty 07-11-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv (Post 4782726)
believe me, they are just nasty. I threw them away...couldn't even eat them. And I washed the **** out of them. I only got them because they were free...now I know why!:dizzy:

I concur, although I did not get them for free. I read about them a few years ago on the Skinnygirl website and was intrigued b/c I like my pasta. The smell is pretty noxious, and I made a lo mein type of dish with them and I threw it out after one bite. I'd rather have regular pasta once in a while than this stuff every week.