3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Is anyone else loving PB 2? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/282263-anyone-else-loving-pb-2-a.html)

soon2beskinnyCarma 05-25-2013 07:11 AM

Is anyone else loving PB 2?

?Hey guys i am really into the peanut butter powder that these people have made. The chocolate one i am hoping will get me through the next PMS cravings. Their site has recipes to make. I usually have it in a shake with banana and almond milk.
Has anyone used it as a spread yet?

Riddy 05-25-2013 10:14 PM

I like it a lot, but it's definitely not quite the same as regular peanut butter. I add a pinch of splenda and a shake of salt to it, which I think makes it taste a little more like regular PB. It's also a little runnier, which I don't really mind.

I like to top Medifast brownies with it. :D

Quirky Chick 05-25-2013 10:22 PM

I hadn't even heard of it. I will have to try that. I love peanut butter sandwiches, but unless you are majorly cutting back on your other meals, it's kinda naughty.

elvislover324 05-25-2013 10:22 PM

I am in love with PB2! I love both the regular and the chocolate. I have used it for about 9 months now so I'm used to it. It will never replace real peanut butter but it's good for the craving! I have used it to flavor my celery. Not the best for that but still so yummy!

soon2beskinnyCarma 05-25-2013 10:35 PM

I never thought to put it on celery. My niece mixed it with almond milk. That gave it more of a creamy flavor than water i bet. Only a few extra calories for a tbsp too. I tried their recipe for pb&j oatmeal. Have to say wasn't a fan.

soon2beskinnyCarma 05-25-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirky Chick (Post 4752764)
I hadn't even heard of it. I will have to try that. I love peanut butter sandwiches, but unless you are majorly cutting back on your other meals, it's kinda naughty.

It's only 45 calories for 2 tbsp serving. So far i have just done the shake and the oatmeal. Will try it tomorrow on toast. ;)

kaplods 05-25-2013 10:43 PM

I don't use it as a spread, but I love it for flavoring sauces, dips, smoothies, salad dressings... I would buy it just for making thai inspired recipes. Dissolving real peanut butter in a thai curry is a pain, and I always end up with an undissolved clump. PB2 solves that problem. Even if there weren't a calorie savings, I'd buy it just for the convenience.

FrecklesTX 05-26-2013 10:28 AM

I just tried it for the first time last week. I love it too cuz you get that flavor craving taken care of for a fraction on the calories!

I can't remember where I found this dessert concoction: slightly melted SF fudgesicle (2 if small), mixed with a couple TBSP SF cool whip and a couple TBSP PB2. Reminds me of Moose Tracks ice cream! :)

elvislover324 05-26-2013 10:31 AM

To follow up on what kaplods said, I have mixed the PB2 with soy sauce to make an Asian type flavoring. SO good!