3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Pre-Made Meal Replacement Shakes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/281304-pre-made-meal-replacement-shakes.html)

Psychic 05-09-2013 09:03 AM

Pre-Made Meal Replacement Shakes

A lot of mornings I have trouble eating food because it makes me sick. I've been drinking protein and meal replacement shakes just to make sure I have something in my stomach. I discovered that Butter Pecan Ensure is amazing. Any suggestions for other pre-made shakes that taste good?

joefla70 05-09-2013 09:23 AM

I am on a low carb diet, so I look for shakes that are lower in calorie and carbs. So, the ones I drink might not be suitable for your needs. (I noticed that the ensure has 320 calories). Anyway, with that caveat, I like the Atkins Cafe Mocha shake. It is very rich and creamy. 160 Calories.

Psychic 05-09-2013 09:58 AM

Joe - Actually, all the Ensure I've bought have only been 250. I just look for something filling. If its lower than 200 calories, I usually eat a small granola bar or something. Special K & Slimfast are about 190, so I usually need something else with them. I'm not so worried about carbs, but its not a problem if something is low carb. I'll look at pricing of the atkins shakes next time I'm at Walmart.

zoesmom 05-09-2013 10:02 AM

I personally am a fan of EAS shakes. Especially frozen and blended up into a frozen smoothie...or even in my coffee as a very filling latte.

Psychic 05-09-2013 10:10 AM

Zoesmom - I've had the EAS shakes in chocolate before. I didn't like the aftertaste. Never had them mixed with anything though.

zoesmom 05-09-2013 10:12 AM

:lol: I agree, the chocolate ones suck. But the vanilla is pretty good, at least to me.

Tibbits2u 05-09-2013 10:59 AM

the atkins shakes are really pretty good..i like them and use them ! eas is okay but they really need doctored up a bit with some sugar free syrups in order to cover that odd after taste. so far wonderslim's meal bars are the best tasting meal replacement i've come across, they are a bit on the pricier end though. the gormet chocolate marshmallow is too die for.

KayBee01 02-01-2014 08:41 PM

Any other suggestions on ready to drink meal replacement ?

PostWeddingsmallsize 02-04-2014 12:12 PM

I have some in an old cookbook its by Gary Null its called the New Vegetarian Cookbook.

KayBee01 02-04-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostWeddingsmallsize (Post 4936166)
I have some in an old cookbook its by Gary Null its called the New Vegetarian Cookbook.

I'll check it out...maybe I can find the book at the library...thanks.

seaurchin 07-01-2016 12:21 AM

I use Jay Robb egg white protein powder to make my own shakes with unsweetened almond or cashew milk. It is non-GMO, low calorie and high in protein!

120 calories
24 grams of protein,
0-fat,
0-cholesterol,
0-sugars,
and only 4 grams of carbohydrate per 33 gram serving.

Bucky 07-29-2016 08:02 PM

I've been off and on Atkins the past couple of years so I buy the shakes whenever the grocery had them BOGO. All the flavors are quite good. The only one I didn't like, and surprised me the most, was the cookies and cream flavor. :^: I love C&C ice cream so I thought it would be delish. While the taste isn't an issue, there are chunks no matter how much you shake it!

Because they are so expensive, I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and the FitMiss banana cream powder and mix it with three ice cubes. If I have a banana, I throw it in there too. The taste is really wonderful. I hear that the FitMiss vanilla chai flavor is really good too,. I plan on getting that one next.