Chobani Greek yogurt

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • My favorite flavor of Chobani is Pomegranate.
  • I make my own yogurt in my 4qt crock pot about once a month. I just keep it plain in the fridge and then stir in sweetener and flavors in my serving bowl. I like mild, not-so tart yogurt, so I use a short incubation time and try to eat the yogurt relatively quickly, both of which help to keep the yogurt within the tartness range I like (yogurt gets tarter as it sits, because the yogurt culture continues to grow even in the fridge, just more slowly).

Chobani is the brand I usually use as starter other than my own. Chobani pomegranate is one of the few commercial yogurts that I will occasionally buy even if I have my own in the fridge.

Homemade yogurt is almost an entirely different animal than storebought. Every yogurt bacteria strain has it's own flavor and texture profile - you can find charts and stores online to help you identify and find strains you like. I haven't bought powdered starter yet, but I've been tempted to experience some of these differences. I use chobani, which is a multi-strain yogurt. I've made batches that were so mild they had almost no tartness at all - sort of like creme freche.

I'm sort of addicted not only to my homemade yogurt, but to the process of making and experimenting with my homemade yogurt.
  • Quote: Homemade yogurt is almost an entirely different animal than storebought. Every yogurt bacteria strain has it's own flavor and texture profile - you can find charts and stores online to help you identify and find strains you like. I haven't bought powdered starter yet, but I've been tempted to experience some of these differences. I use chobani, which is a multi-strain yogurt. I've made batches that were so mild they had almost no tartness at all - sort of like creme freche.

I'm sort of addicted not only to my homemade yogurt, but to the process of making and experimenting with my homemade yogurt.
    I see I am not the only one who got infected with the bugs. Besides yoghurt I am now experimenting with home-made goat cheese, ricotta and mozzarella. It tastes better and is a lot cheaper besides being fun. Too bad I am on a diet.
  • I'm OBSESSED with Chobani's apple cinnamon yogurt. I also really like the pineapple flavor. I've never thought about getting plain yogurt and adding peanut butter...that sounds amazing!
  • Apple cinnamon yogurt?? Gotta find that!!! Sounds good.
  • I have seen the Raspberry with the chocolate chips but have been hesitant to buy it, might have to stop at the store to get some after work!
  • Kaplods--as always--that sounds like great advice!! I have a store credit @ Macy's, and just saw they have a yogurt maker for $29! I'm going to invest!
  • I actually had a Chobani rasberry bite tonight and I really liked it. I like other greek yogurt, like Fage, for regular consumption because Chobani seems to be sweeter. That said I think they're great for dessert every once in a while.

I also tried the coconut yogurt with toasted almonds and dark chocolate. Oh man! I was in love.
  • Btw there are coupons on the chobani website, which is where I got the coupon to try out the bites.
  • Quote: Apple cinnamon yogurt?? Gotta find that!!! Sounds good.
    Yes, it is wonderful. I tried it after a few people mentioned it in the thread, and I loved it. Then peach and blueberry are coming in second with me.
  • I only eat Greek yogurt if its savory. I make a tzatziki-like sauce with plain yogurt, cucumber, and lots of garlic, which I can eat on anything. It's addicting.
  • I tried Chobani and I was really into them for awhile, then I just kinda got bored of them. I am into the Dannon Light n Fit now, it's a different texture and sweetened with aspartame, I think but I like it better.
  • I'm addicted to Oikos Key Lime!
  • I like the texture of Oikos better. I add a tablespoon or more of dark chocolate cocoa powder and a packet of stevia for a low cal dessert. Less then 100 calories and so yummy. Chobani has a great Pinterest board though - check it out! Good place to find low cal delicious recipes
  • I toast a couple Van's protein waffles in the morning, then heat up some Splenda-sweetened apple pie filling (Wal-mart brand, or Comstock also makes a brand you can buy online) and put a scoop of the filling and a scoop of vanilla 0% Greek yogurt on each waffle. Comes out to about 300 calories for 2 waffles, fills me up and knocks out my sweet tooth.