Oster MyBlend

• Someone posted this info in one of the threads I am in and I thought it was worth sharing here.

I just bought an Oster MyBlend ($25 at Walmart) and it is wonderful to make smoothies! You just put your ingredients into a sports bottle, screw on a blade and blend. Then switch the lid to a drinking one and off you go! Nothing to clean except the two lids and the bottle, all of which go into the dishwasher.

I'm drinking my first smoothie right now and this thing will get used a LOT!!

http://www.oster.com/myblend
  • This sounds really cool but does it blend ice easily? have you tried blending greens?

Thanks!
  • Sparkle - You can blend ice in it easily. I've used both ice and frozen fruit and it works just fine. I'm not sure about greens, but I'm going to try that soon. I wouldn't see why not.
  • Quote: Sparkle - You can blend ice in it easily. I've used both ice and frozen fruit and it works just fine. I'm not sure about greens, but I'm going to try that soon. I wouldn't see why not.
    Ah there you are.... sorry I did not acknowledge you by name when I posted. I could not remember your name but should have gone back and checked.
  • Misti - You're fine. Lol. I'm gonna make a "Chocolate-Covered Strawberry" smoothie tonight with almond milk, diet hot cocoa, and frozen strawberry. It should be around 150 calories. I need to buy more ingredients.
  • Holy cow, Psychic. That choc-covered strawberry smoothie sounds REALLY good! I will have to try it!
  • Quote: Misti - You're fine. Lol. I'm gonna make a "Chocolate-Covered Strawberry" smoothie tonight with almond milk, diet hot cocoa, and frozen strawberry. It should be around 150 calories. I need to buy more ingredients.
    That sounds wonderful! I don't eat fake sugar but I could figure out a way to do it with dark cocoa powder and a bit of sugar!! I don't like things very sweet so I would be okay.

When I ate dinner tonight I actually thought I would rather have had a smoothie!!!
  • If you buy dates and add a date, that'll generally give enough sweetness.

I've been using Macy's version of the magic bullet for a long time but I do like the look of this. If my Macy's magic bullet dies (it has been going for 2 years or so), then I'll look into this.
  • Diana - I've cut pop and most artificially sweetened snacks out of my diet, but I do use splenda sometimes because its readily available in my parent's house. Only when I'm out of honey though. Diet hot cocoa is good though.

Nelie - I've tried dates in smoothies before. Sometimes they have little crunchy bits (seeds?) in them and it really turns me off from them. =/
  • Are you sure you aren't talking about figs? Dates are fairly smooth.
  • If I need mine sweeter perhaps I will try a date. But fortunately I don't like things very sweet; however, if I add plain dark cocoa powder I might need a bit of sweetener. OTOH I am not opposed to adding a small amount of sugar or brown sugar, since I never eat it much.
  • LOL talking about these reminded me I planned to have one after work today. So I just went in and made one; will have a light dinner later
  • I've been drinking teechino mixed with coffee. Normally, if I have coffee, I need a little sweetener (usually in the form of sweetened soy milk) but teechino is sweet enough (it contains dates) that I don't need anything which is why I think dates are a good substitute.