3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   one food you can't stand (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/276483-one-food-you-cant-stand.html)

Nzgirl 03-04-2013 08:15 PM

Peas. I have never liked them, I am also not a fan of mushrooms unless they are chopped up finely.

nelie 03-04-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olehcat (Post 4652875)
ham

Although I love brussels sprouts, I'll agree with this one and bacon as well. When I ate meat, there were next in line to my fish hate. I couldn't stand any meat that is sweetened and the smell of ham cooking and bacon were both suffocating.

Kisigin 03-04-2013 09:25 PM

Ok since we're on the topic of meat have any of you had scrapple? I personally love the stuff but I figure it might conjure up some negative feelings in some.

Terra1984 07-11-2013 04:13 PM

peas,lima beans,Fish

crispin 07-11-2013 11:18 PM

I haven't met it yet.

CherryChan 07-11-2013 11:52 PM

dried fruits, except for mango... i love dried mango... :D

geoblewis 07-12-2013 01:23 AM

Okra, rice pudding, and foods that are way too sweet. They all make me gag.

CherryChan 07-12-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoblewis (Post 4791225)
Okra, rice pudding, and foods that are way too sweet. They all make me gag.

that's good for diet efforts! sugar is evil... and I have sweet tooth, SIGH!!! :dizzy:

Eat 07-12-2013 07:46 AM

Since there are very few things I can smell, I'm a picky eater and judge a lot of food based on its texture. Because of this, there's a plethora of foods I can't stand. The ones I loathe the most are mushrooms, eggs, and chicken on the bone. Blecch!

greeneggsandtam 07-12-2013 10:25 AM

Coconut. Buckwheat noodles. And chocolate with any flavouring. Orange chocolate or mint chocolate. Who would do such an awful thing to chocolate?

mygirlvj 07-12-2013 10:35 AM

Brussel sprouts, lima beans and anything coconut.

newleaf123 07-15-2013 01:39 PM

Oh, how I got a chuckle out of this thread; so funny! Really the only thing I have come across in life that was so vile that I would never, ever eat it again no matter what is sea cucumber -- a nasty creature that lives on the bottom of the sea floor. I had it 27 years ago and honestly can't remember exactly why it was so vile, but I remember that it was and etched it in my psyche to never have it again.

Chronostasis 07-15-2013 06:39 PM

I cannot stand seafood or fishy-tasting things - the smell alone makes me feel like I'm about to vomit. I'd be willing to give it a second chance but honestly here in the Midwest I'm convinced that any and all seafood is rancid by the time it reaches anyone's dinner plate. I did try a few small bites of tilapia a few months ago, which was tolerable soaked in lemon juice.
I also have a thing with raw tomatoes, tomato soup, or anything that tastes generally "tomato-y." Fresh salsa is fine, spaghetti sauce is fine (as long as it doesn't taste strongly of tomato), ketchup is fine. Raw tomato is not fine. I've tried it a few times recently and every time I immediately gag and want to wash the taste out of my mouth. Yet dice it up, add some onion and cilantro, and it's yummy. Go figure.

Only Believe 07-15-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisigin (Post 4655247)
Ok since we're on the topic of meat have any of you had scrapple? I personally love the stuff but I figure it might conjure up some negative feelings in some.

Oh my.. I looked it up an it sounds so yucky!! I've never had it but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it just from knowing how it's made. yucky yuck. :snooty: LOL

Only Believe 07-15-2013 06:56 PM

I was reading back over some of these and just noticed I'm making a face like I've just ate the nastiest thing ever LOL Sea cucumber? Scrapple? stinky cheese and stinky fish.. all this talk of gagging and vomit.. I just found the best thread ever to stop a craving and spoil an appetite!:carrot::lol: Oh yeah bring on those gross sounding foods. :dizzy: