seaweed snacks anyone?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I just discovered seaweed snack sheets! They are super thin sheets of crispy seaweed that is roasted and lightly salted. The label said "strangely addictive", so I had to try it. The entire bag was just 50 calories, so I had nothing to lose.

Wow! Ok, the first bite wasn't very good. Eww, seaweed! But just as the label predicted, I had to have another bite. I really, really love them now. The brand I tried is SeaSnax. I also tried a snack size pack made by Annie Chung and they were good, though they didn't have as much seaweed flavor IMO. Of course for some people, that might be a good thing

Does anyone else like seaweed snack sheets?
  • I get them for 99 cents a pack at Trader Joes, They have regular and wasabi. A great flavor treat, low cal and theoretically healthy (salt well...) You can get it super cheap at Asian markets but have to buy in larger quantity and I think keeping the slight crisp is important for me.
  • I love seaweed!!!
  • Nope. I ate it, but I couldn't shake the thought that I was eating fish food for cannibal fish.
  • Love those Annie Chung sheets. Haven't seen other brands but will keep my eye out for them!
  • I just can't force myself to like these things. I've tried a few different brands, and they all taste like swallowing lake water to me. Bleh.
  • Wakame
    Wakame are these yummy flakes you can add to soups and stuff. I have toasted them and sprinkled on salads or mixed with some kale chips. They are super good for you! Full of calcium and magnesium. Stuff from the ocean has so many nutrients. Its exciting adding new stuff the daily diet. I love the wasabi flavored sheets. Good potato chip replacement.
  • I'm currently sadly out. I love seaweed snacks! I get the huge box of them at Costco. Annie Chun's are good too. My hubby and I have used them for DIY sushi nights making individual bite sized rolls (yum!) and I eat them instead of chips. Love the crunchy, foldy, salty, weird taste... definitely a healthy snack!
  • Is this similar to the seaweed sheets that are used for sushi?
  • Quote: I get them for 99 cents a pack at Trader Joes, They have regular and wasabi. A great flavor treat, low cal and theoretically healthy (salt well...) You can get it super cheap at Asian markets but have to buy in larger quantity and I think keeping the slight crisp is important for me.
    I've seen them at Trader Joe's, and I'm going there tonight when I get off work. Maybe I'll try them! I've been curious... Do they satisfy?
  • sounds good, I'll have to look for them in the store. Unfortunately, no Trader Joe's here in Colorado, but we are finally getting one later this year!
  • Quote: I've seen them at Trader Joe's, and I'm going there tonight when I get off work. Maybe I'll try them! I've been curious... Do they satisfy?
    Not in terms of fullness but I think they do in terms of a flavor hit -
  • I think we're getting a Trader Joes next year, I'm glad to know they have such great deals
  • I don't know if you have an asian market near you but if you do, you should check there as well, they are really cheap. They generally come in larger sheets but you can cut them. Whenever we go over to our friends that are Korean, they keep cut sheets on the table. I think that was the first place I had them but I also love the wasabi ones from Trader Joe's.
  • Roasted Seaweed Snacks - yum!!
    I've been seeing these at the deli lately, and just tried them--yum!! Basically, they're sheets of dried seaweed--like the ones sushi is wrapped with, cooked with salt or spices. I had Cracked Pepper and Herbs. One serving is 10 sheets, and only 25-30 calories!! (So, really, you can have like 2 full packs for only 100 calories!) I guess they're kind of like kale chips, but lower calorie, and cheaper.