Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #16  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I love hibiscus tea.....grew up with it so it brings back fond memories. The one I get has a bit of stevia in there so it's perfectly sweetened and doesn't have any bad aftertaste as some stevia does.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 183/160/150

Height: 5' 9"

All these teas sound delicious.

I've had some teas that seemed "sweet" even thought there was no sweetener (artificial or otherwise).

I think "Yogi Caramel Bedtime" was one.

And from "India Organics" a couple I loved: "Sweet Rose" and "Licorice Spice".
Most teas with licorice taste kind of sweet to me in general.

Both of these brands are probably available at Whole Foods.
ddovii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6

Do you guys have a davids tea? Kind of pricey but cuts my cravings fast.. I love Cocomint Dream and Strawberry Rhubart Parfait <-- so delicious.
I also like the Green & Fruity one.

Also, any peach tea is amazing. The smell alone just does it for me, nevermind the taste haha.

im a HUGE tea collector, those are my favorites.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 279.4/279.4/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Default Hibiscus Tea with Stevia

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I love hibiscus tea.....grew up with it so it brings back fond memories. The one I get has a bit of stevia in there so it's perfectly sweetened and doesn't have any bad aftertaste as some stevia does.
Hey luckymommy,

What brand is the hibiscus tea you are drinking? I have always had trouble with stevia, but I am open to new options.
peony32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #20  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm not big on floral-tasting teas. I'll drink home-grown chamomile, but that's about it. I'm definitely going to start looking for a few of these. If I wasn't so frugal, I'd probably spend half my paycheck at Teavania.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice has a sweet, vanilla taste to it without any sweeteners
Love this one and if you like coconut, they have a Thai coconut tea that I absoulutely love on a cold evening, naturally decaf!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

I also get Teas from Teavana, you can blend your own if you like, but I like Slender strawberry, oolongs are known to aid in weight loss. Although I can't say I've seen any aid in weight loss, I do love the flavor! A new one from Teavana is Salted Caramel & I am loving it!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #23  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I came here to recommend Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy and Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice.

Looks like they've already been mentioned!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I adore Good Earth's caffeine free Original tea. It's a spicey chai type tea. I put a dash of milk in it and YUM!
I was going to suggest this tea as well. I always put some sort of sweetener in regular tea, but I don't have to with this tea at all. It is so delicious!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #25  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I find herb teas to be sweeter in general than "real" tea.

Yogi teas all seem to have a bit of sweetness to them. My favorites are ginger, lemon ginger, raspberry ginger, and calming.

Celestial Seasonings zinger flavors are sweet and tart. I like raspberry and orange best. They have some stevia sweetened flavors now, too.

Harney & sons hot cinnamon is sweet, although I see OP doesn't do cinnamon. They also have a vanilla black tea that's a bit sweet.

Yum! I love teas!

Last edited by Riddy; 01-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #26  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Stash has one out called Mojito mint. It's a green tea and it is phenomenal. I've gone through a box in three days!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #27  
weight room rookie

S/C/G: 267/233/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
If I wasn't so frugal, I'd probably spend half my paycheck at Teavania.
That's me with the Republic of Tea! I love their rooibos. I'm drinking their peppermit chocolate one right now that sort of tastes like a peppermint patty. Their Get Gorgeous has a lovely hibiscus/berry flavor that's great iced. My current favorite from them is a cranberry & blood orange black tea and the Surrender to Sleep chamomile & lavender that I'll sip at night. If I run out of that one, their orange blossom white tea is a favorite bedtime runner-up.

Revolution Tea has a tropical green tea blend that has a hint of pineapple that's good hot or cold and Gypsy Tea (I think that's the brand name) has a rose flavored black tea that if it were available at my local grocery store, I think I would have bought it by the case! They also have a fantastic coconut chai.

If you like chai, SereniTEA on Etsy has a hand-blended one I'll drink with only a splash of milk. It's so fragrant that I always get a whiff of it when I open up the cabinet I store my teas in.
Issaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #28  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

I discovered Lipton Red Tea with Harvest Strawberry and Passionfruit. Its really awesome, especially with some honey. Its sweet by itself as well though. I've also taken a liking to Slim Balance from Lifestyle Awareness.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #29  
Starting over

S/C/G: OSW/NSW/CW/GW 250+/195/195/140

Height: 5'9

mmm tea . . . .
cinamon and clove is very tasty
cinnamon ginger tea
If your up for an adventure you can try to find some luohanguo or arhat fruit. They look like brown balls and the seeds can be steeped for sweetness. Its considered to be a secret to longevity here in China.
You can also do some red date and goji berry teas, or any sugar free 8 treasure teas.
Mandolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I really like harney and son's teas. Their soho is chocolate and coconut. Chocolate mint is yummy. I love their cinnamon spice but that won't work 4 u.
I am like you and love sugar and constantly trying to cut the total i have with my fitness pal. My sister recommended XYLA which is a sugar alcohol so doesn't process the same way as sugar and adds sweetness. It's made from hardwoods and i get it at the health food store. I also tried a coconut sugar from there which is delish in the coconut tea mentioned above
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote