Roasted Chick Peas for Chip Craving?

• What 3FC members have used roasted chick peas to satisfy that chip craving you get? Also what recipe do you use, like spices or seasonings for someone who doesnt like super spicy foods.
  • It has never occurred to me to do this but it sounds sooooo good! I might have to try it tonight
  • This is my favorite roasted chickpea recipe:
    http://viveleveganrecipes.blogspot.c...chickpeas.html
  • There's also a dish called Chana Jor Garam that is flattened fried chickpeas. Just smash the chickpeas partially with the bottom of a glass or heavy pan, then pan fry.

I like to bake them lightly tossed in oil, take them out and smash them, then bake them again to make them extra crispy.
  • vabs, that sounds great, will have to try, i love chickpeas, I just eat them sometimes just straight up with some black olives, they're just nutty enough for me to be able to just eat them.
  • I just put my first batch in the oven! I put a drizzle of olive oil, a little salt, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning on mine. Ill update with how they turn out!
  • For sure a huge hit!!!!!! Totally satisfied my craving!!! Love how crunchy and spicy they were! Definitely going to make a bigger batch later
  • Oh, that sounds good! I might have to try that this weekend.
  • Quote: For sure a huge hit!!!!!! Totally satisfied my craving!!! Love how crunchy and spicy they were! Definitely going to make a bigger batch later
    Did you bring some here for us all to try? jk Sounds really good.