Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #1  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Question NASOYA - pasta zero?

Has anybody tried this? I got a free bag of the fettuccine at the store so I decided to finally try it last night...I do NOT like it at ALL

It's made from shitake mushrooms and there was a recipe making a sauce on the back with light cream cheese, but the pasta itself smells like fish when you open it. It isn't so much the consistency that I don't like, but the taste just isn't good. I'm not sure if I can make it edible! I made the cream cheese 'alfredo' sauce, and it's in my fridge cuz I just didn't want to eat it last night. Any ideas what I might be able to do to it so that I can actually EAT it?

The sauce is tasty...it's the taste of the noodles (NOT) themselves that is funky.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like a new version of the Miracle/Shirataki noodles. There are various forum threads on it, here is one I found:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food...e-noodles.html

They are vile, my suggestion is to throw them out. They are best for asian recipes where a slightly fish smell isn't out of the norm but I'd prefer to eat regular noodles myself.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #3  

we have a product in australia here called changs noodles and they sell noodles made from the konjac root and they basically have no fat and have less carbs than a slice of bread...low GI gluten free...now they are wet noodles and come in some sort of liquid...you drain them then wash them and drain again...i like them in soups mainly or saucy stir frys...not much chop as a bolognase noodle...too sort of watery for that...they are tasteless so they take on the flavour of your cooking that is why they are good in soups...i think they are a fantastic alternative to pasta and noodles...cheers liz
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #4  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

i actually eat them all the time.

the best use for them, is to make it into "stir fry" esque dishes.

i'm also assuming you didn't rinse them well, because the fish smell completely goes away with a good rinse.

my recipe: shrimp, onion, mushrooms, soy sauce, noodles in a wok.

imho the consistency is a little rubbery i admit, but i'd rather eat 40 cals of rubber and be FULL for like, 200 calories, then eat like 45 grams of cheese for 200 calories.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Sounds like a new version of the Miracle/Shirataki noodles. There are various forum threads on it, here is one I found:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food...e-noodles.html

They are vile, my suggestion is to throw them out.
I agree! Nastiest things I have ever got my hands on LOL
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #6  
DianaHello

Height: 5'3"

Default Mushrooms?????

Wow I was shocked to read this post! I use the Pasta Zero 2 to 3 times a week. They are Shirstaki noodles (not shitake mushrooms). And if you read the label they are made up of "water, potato starch, konjac flour, chickpea flour, calcium hydroxide, reduced iron and folic acid. (again NO MUSHROOMS). FYI - Konjac is a plant of the genus Amorphophallus. It is native to warm subtropical to tropical eastern Asia, from Japan and China south to Indonesia.

How to make Pasta Zero. 1-Cut bag open in strainer. 2-Wash noodles I usually wash with cold water 2 minutes, then warm water 2 minutes, then cold for 2 more. 3-place noodles and sauce in a ziplock bag, refrigerate until ready to cook. 4-Cook noodles and sauce in a frying pan. 5-Delicious meal with litttle to no calories.

For My Sauce I use: 1/4 cup Ragu, 2 teaspoons Pesto, 1 or 2 cans mushrooms (zero points), and Paresean Cheese.

Try it again - make it right - and read the packaging of what you eat! Knowledge is power
DianaHello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #7  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

uh, yeah ok so I was wrong on the shitake part...but I'm 100% right on how I cooked them. I rinsed them VERY well...tossed them in the pan until they were dry like the package said, and made the cream cheese alfredo sauce recipe on there as well. YUCK. Maybe it's the creamy sauce...I can imagine a more spaghetti type tomato sauce would be MUCH better! I'm not sure why the big deal over my shitake misstep...small potatoes. NOT what the issue is. But thanks.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaHello View Post
How to make Pasta Zero. 1-Cut bag open in strainer. 2-Wash noodles I usually wash with cold water 2 minutes, then warm water 2 minutes, then cold for 2 more. 3-place noodles and sauce in a ziplock bag, refrigerate until ready to cook. 4-Cook noodles and sauce in a frying pan. 5-Delicious meal with little to no calories.
I tried these a few years ago (probably a different brand) and wasn't a big fan, but later decided I probably didn't wash them long enough. Your method of "marinating" them in the sauce is something I've never seen before, I bet that would help!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

When I tried them, I tried everything. Marinating... doing whatever. I think spaghetti squash is a better idea if you want something noodly.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote