3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   How Do You Eat Your Tuna? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/265007-how-do-you-eat-your-tuna.html)

LAgreeneyes 08-23-2012 12:45 PM

How Do You Eat Your Tuna?

With bread?

With crackers?

On your salad?

I love my tuna with crackers.

What about you?

Aslo, what ingredients do you put in your tuna?

I like eggs, sweet relish and miracle whip and sometimes grapes.

bargoo 08-23-2012 12:55 PM

A little mayo and chopped hardboiled eggs. I skip the bread and crackers ,eat it with a fork and save calories.

Buddha Gal 08-23-2012 01:05 PM

I like to mix it in with rice, veggies, and a little hot sauce. I also make quick tuna melts when I don't feel like preparing lunch for work. Very simple with few ingredients - toasted whole wheat bread, tuna, seasoning of choice, and mozzarella. Call me crazy, but sometimes I mix a tablespoon of BBQ sauce in with the tuna and then the melt tastes like a pulled pork sandwich.

LAgreeneyes 08-23-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Gal (Post 4446211)
I like to mix it in with rice, veggies, and a little hot sauce. I also make quick tuna melts when I don't feel like preparing lunch for work. Very simple with few ingredients - toasted whole wheat bread, tuna, seasoning of choice, and mozzarella. Call me crazy, but sometimes I mix a tablespoon of BBQ sauce in with the tuna and then the melt tastes like a pulled pork sandwich.

I didn't think about mixing it with rice. That sounds yummy. And I am starting to eat Jasmine rice and I love it.

BBQ sauce? Now that sounds good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Munchy 08-23-2012 04:05 PM

I love tuna mixed with lemon pepper marinade and extra fresh cracked pepper. I've been eating it that way since I was a kid, though I don't really eat much tuna as an adult.

http://static.caloriecount.about.com...ades-21167.jpg

I always ate it on sliced tomatoes if they were in season, wrapped in lettuce, or with wasa when I was in high school.

szzanni86 08-23-2012 04:48 PM

Out of the can drizzled with vinegar

LAgreeneyes 08-23-2012 04:51 PM

WOW! So many different ways to eat tune. Who knew. Now I have so much to look forward to with eating tuna in different ways. Great ideas!

mnemosyne 08-23-2012 05:13 PM

I make tuna salad with cottage cheese, red onions, chopped veg (usually celery and perhaps cucumber), lemon juice, capers and plenty of dill. I eat it straight, or on Kavli Norwegian flatbread.

Burg 08-23-2012 05:41 PM

I like my tuna spicy! I add mustard, a bit of salsa, some diced pickles, jalapenos, banana peppers and a splash of habanero sauce!

WebRover 08-23-2012 06:56 PM

Celery & onions!! Just enough mayo to hold it together. Also with pickle relish.

Sometimes with whole wheat macaroni, always cold.

mollymeow 08-23-2012 09:27 PM

I love mixing 1 can of tuna with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Sun Dried Tomato and Mozzarella, plus some dried dill. It's enough to make 2 sandwiches!

JessicaB 08-24-2012 09:05 AM

Last time I had tuna, I had it as a sweet potato tuna melt. I mixed the tuna with cottage cheese and salsa, put it on top of half a baked sweet potato, topped it with mozzarella, and then broiled it for a few minutes.

I also like making tuna burgers with onion, a tiny bit of mayo, an egg, some oats, and some spices. Depending on what veggies I have around, I'll throw in some peppers, or celery, or something. Then I just fry it up in olive oil.

I used to love mixing tuna and hard boiled eggs with mayo, topping a half a hamburger bun, and putting cheddar on it and baking it that way, but I try to keep my grain consumption fairly low. Though now that I think of it, I might try that combo on a sweet potato.

Mollewogg 08-24-2012 01:19 PM

Some great ideas here...especially the laughing cow cheese idea!

Sweet potatoes and tuna??? I like them separately...the combo sounds odd, but I'm intrigued!

LAgreeneyes 08-24-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollewogg (Post 4447335)
Some great ideas here...especially the laughing cow cheese idea!

Sweet potatoes and tuna??? I like them separately...the combo sounds odd, but I'm intrigued!

I agree in that all of the ideas are GREAT!!! I am making a list and I want to try EACH and EVERY one of them. I love everyone's ideas. I appreciate the responses. Looking to read more ideas.

TripSwitch 08-28-2012 12:16 AM

Tuna Tartare, Tuna Carpaccio, Seared Tuna, and Fagioli,Tunno e Cipolle (Tuscan Beans, Tuna and Fresh Onions) also there are various recipes for tuna in red sauce that is served over pasta that is quite popular in Italy as well...

Buon Appetito!