3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Potluck at work today =( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/259316-potluck-work-today-%3D.html)

shainasb818 05-18-2012 02:24 PM

Potluck at work today =(

UGH!!!! :mad::stress:

We're having a potluck at work today and my office just so happens to be right across from the kitchen!! So right in front of my face all this morning have been nothing but delicious cakes and chips and dips and pastas and sodas and all kinds of calorie filled foods that I don't want to eat!!!!!! Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

mammasita 05-18-2012 02:46 PM

UGH, I hate that. Matter of fact I just got an "office gram" about a memorial day cookout.

Can you maybe work in another area temporarily?

mahtha 05-18-2012 02:52 PM

Did you bring lunch? snacks? Can you eat something and drink a lot of water before you wander over? Socialize and wait for the food to get cold/picked over - it's not nearly as tempting!

shainasb818 05-18-2012 02:52 PM

No, I am stuck to my office. BUT I am now a happy camper!!! I just found out one of the guys brought in smoked salmon and my boss brought his very delicious and low calorie veggie chili so I do get to eat!!!! :carrot:

bargoo 05-18-2012 03:07 PM

And what did you bring ?

shainasb818 05-18-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 4338357)
And what did you bring ?

Hahahahahaha!!! That's the funniest part about it all!! I got assigned to dessert!! And the request was cake so I brought a carrot cake and a pound cake that have already been nearly demolished and we haven't even started lunch yet!! Neither of which I had any of!!!!

ValRock 05-18-2012 03:11 PM

Whenever we had one of those, when I was working, I'd bring a HUGE veggie tray. I could nibble at it the whole time and not be sad. Surprisingly, everyone else liked to nibble on it too! Win win!

shainasb818 05-18-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValRock (Post 4338365)
Whenever we had one of those, when I was working, I'd bring a HUGE veggie tray. I could nibble at it the whole time and not be sad. Surprisingly, everyone else liked to nibble on it too! Win win!

A veggie tray is actually what I wanted to bring for the same reason!!! But they are so strict about who brings what and it got assigned to another employee. Well, this is a guy who drives a motorcycle and because he could not fit it in his backpack, he decided to bring cookies instead. Grrrrrr!!!!!!

bargoo 05-18-2012 03:13 PM

Veggie trays always go over well and so do fresh fruit.
PS I love smoked salmon but it does have a lot of sodium.

i33BabyGirl33i 05-18-2012 10:06 PM

My co workers did that to me on purpose once.. ;/ they brought all my favorite fast food items when i was eating my healthy lunch :c