3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Protein Bars or Meal Replacement Bars (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/258221-protein-bars-meal-replacement-bars.html)

sontaikle 05-18-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovelyAndLosing (Post 4336884)
I get them off Amazon, which is a deal because I have Prime and get free 2-day shipping.

I miss having Prime.

I see they're a little more expensive on Amazon, but when you factor in the free shipping you're coming out ahead. Unfortunately it is pretty easy for me to get up to $25 on Amazon. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAgreeneyes (Post 4336888)
Great!

I did a search and the closet store to me that sells them is ONLY 124 miles away. LOL LOL LOL

OH wow! Yeah I guess you will be getting them online!!

There's only about four places near me (and one near where I work) but the store near my job only had the Chocolate Brownie and Cinnamon Swirl. Not a very big selection :?:

chickadee32 05-19-2012 12:04 AM

I've been eating the Quest bars too since seeing this thread, and really like them. I didn't realize though that they were sold at the Vitamin Shoppe - that's awesome, as there are several near me, so I'll look there for them as well!

Try them microwaved - really good that way!

ValRock 05-23-2012 12:26 AM

I just got my Quest bars today. Ate half a cinnamon roll bar and it was GOOD! These are dangerous, only because they're so dang expensive!

sontaikle 05-23-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValRock (Post 4343459)
I just got my Quest bars today. Ate half a cinnamon roll bar and it was GOOD! These are dangerous, only because they're so dang expensive!

Yeah that's the only bad side!!

I got my Peanut Butter Supreme bar...WOW!! It was great!

I still have Pure Protein bars to finish off, so I told myself I have to eat these before I can get some Quest bars...

I'd probably still eat some PP bars because I do enjoy the taste (and they're cheaper) but gosh Quest bars taste great and you can't eat them fast.

LovelyAndLosing 05-23-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee32 (Post 4338826)
I've been eating the Quest bars too since seeing this thread, and really like them. I didn't realize though that they were sold at the Vitamin Shoppe - that's awesome, as there are several near me, so I'll look there for them as well!

Try them microwaved - really good that way!

They are SO good microwaved. Especially apple pie. Be careful though, cinnamon roll seems to melt haha.

veggiegirl123 05-23-2012 10:06 AM

I'm just starting my weight loss journey and picked up some sf bars/shakes. But these things aren't very healthy so I'll be looking for the ones listed in this thread :) Thanks for the suggestions!

katy929 06-05-2012 12:33 PM

I read this yesterday before I was about to go to the store,so i went and looked for the quest bars and i could not find any at the store.

I have never had a protein bar or a meal replacement bar before and i picked up this one called met rx big 100...well needless to say good thing i waited until i got home to eat half of it because 10 minutes later i was in the bathroom...lol

when i go grocery shopping im going to look for the quest ones..hopefully they will be easier on my tummy lol

sontaikle 06-05-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katy929 (Post 4359901)
I read this yesterday before I was about to go to the store,so i went and looked for the quest bars and i could not find any at the store.

I have never had a protein bar or a meal replacement bar before and i picked up this one called met rx big 100...well needless to say good thing i waited until i got home to eat half of it because 10 minutes later i was in the bathroom...lol

when i go grocery shopping im going to look for the quest ones..hopefully they will be easier on my tummy lol

I think Quest bars are only sold at the Vitamin Shoppe.

Otherwise you can find them on their website or on Amazon.

Just ordered a box of Chocolate Peanut Butter off Amazon since I had other stuff I was buying and was getting free shipping anyway :)

JossFit 06-07-2012 04:24 PM

I actually really dislike the flavor of all the Pure Protein bars I have tried. Nutritionally speaking they'll do in a pinch, but I prefer Supreme Protein bars. Every flavor I have tried (Cookies n Creme, Peanut Butter Pretzel, Rocky Road Brownie, Chocolate Wafer Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, Caramel Nut Brownie, Peanut butter and Jelly... probably more... haha) I have LOVED.

The Supreme Protein Bars are also available in 2 sizes, so there is one that is a little more calorie friendly for those of us who don't need upward of 300-400 calories in a bar.
http://www.supremeprotein.com/products.html

I haven't tried the Quest bars, but I really want to. The nutritional profile looks fantastic, and I've heard they taste great too. Once I see one in person I'll try them, I'm just not too keen on ordering them without trying them.

Another favorite of mine are the Think Thin bars. These all taste fantastic and are all natural without being nothing but fruit and nuts. Most "natural" bars are lacking in protein.
http://shop.thinkproducts.com/?gclid...FQbznAodQCPnoA

katy929 06-07-2012 06:09 PM

I found the supreme protein bars today but, they only had one kind so I bought 2 of them. I have the caramel nut chocolate one.

Maybe it is just me but, all of the protein bars I get are huge lol I end up having to eat half and then save it for the next day because I can not eat all of it. I guess that is a good thing.

sontaikle 06-08-2012 12:40 PM

Ok I know I stalk this thread, but I have to report back on another Quest bar flavor!! :lol:

Went to the Vitamin Shoppe today on my lunch break and picked up a Cinnamon Roll Quest bar. OMG delicious!

Once again, I love how chewy these things are and how you can't gobble them up. I can't wait for my Chocolate Peanut Butter bars to get here now!

I don't think I'll be going back to Pure Protein unless the chocolate peanut butter bars I ordered are bad or something.

krampus 06-08-2012 01:35 PM

I'll have to try Supreme Protein...and Quest.

Sugar alcohols turn me into a gassy baby but I'm not active enough to justify eating like 60g of carbs in one bar as a pre-workout snack!

chickadee32 06-11-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JossFit (Post 4363009)
I haven't tried the Quest bars, but I really want to. The nutritional profile looks fantastic, and I've heard they taste great too. Once I see one in person I'll try them, I'm just not too keen on ordering them without trying them.

On the Quest website you can order single bars of any flavor, so that you don't have to commit to an entire box to try them. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 4364090)
I'll have to try Supreme Protein...and Quest.

Sugar alcohols turn me into a gassy baby but I'm not active enough to justify eating like 60g of carbs in one bar as a pre-workout snack!

Only the 100% natural line of the quest bars have sugar alcohols, and I think it's only something like 4-6g of sugar alcohols per bar (which is pretty low). If you don't mind a little bit of sucralose, the 99.9% natural (or whatever it is) line has no sugar alcohols.

ValRock 06-11-2012 12:51 AM

Ok, seriously. Maybe it's been so long since I had an actual dessert that I've lost my mind?

The Peanut butter and Jelly Quest bars... like the best thing I have ever eaten in my life. Dangerous.

sontaikle 06-12-2012 08:40 AM

They are dangerous. I really like how full am I for the next several hours though. Great for when I can't eat when I usually start getting hungry.

My chocolate peanut butter bars came in. They're good, but not as peanut buttery as I would like. I think I'll try some other flavors of Quest, but I am hankerin for that cinnamon roll one again.