Protein Bars or Meal Replacement Bars

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: I had a lot of gas on yesterday a few hours after my protein bar. I was tooting all day. LOL
    I get awful gas from protein bars containing sugar alcohols - so bad that I'll just suck it up and go full-sugar
  • Quote: I get awful gas from protein bars containing sugar alcohols - so bad that I'll just suck it up and go full-sugar
    I do too! But I dont with the quest protein bars ... I'm not sure they have sugar alcohols, no idea what they use to make them tasty!
  • So, I guess the sugar alcohols cause all the gas?
  • Quote: I do too! But I dont with the quest protein bars ... I'm not sure they have sugar alcohols, no idea what they use to make them tasty!
    Some do and some don't. The bars in the "99.95% natural" line do not, and the bars in the "100% natural" line have 5-6g sugar alcohols.

The ingredients don't specify chicory root extract (which definitely does give me gas), but rather a "plant-based" source of fiber. I'm pretty sure it IS chicory root extract, and figure I'll know for sure after I try one tomorrow.
  • Quote: So, I guess the sugar alcohols cause all the gas?
    This will help you understand sugar alcohols & their affects.
    http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

• Quote: This will help you understand sugar alcohols & their affects.
    http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

Thank you!
  • I've only tried 2 kinds since I've been on my weight loss journey... a Supreme Protein Caramel Nut Chocolate -- yummy!!! and a Sytha-6 Chocolate Caramel Pretzel -- yucky!!!

Looking forward to trying the recipe posted above though!!!
  • I just ordered a Quest Protein bar yesterday to try it out. I picked the flavor I was most likely to enjoy—Peanut Butter!

It's a bit higher in calories, but what the ****, right?

You can order them off the website in boxes or single bars. The best thing is if you put "SAMPLE" in the coupon code box you will get free shipping. They shipped my bar out a few hours after I ordered it. According to the tracking it should come today or tomorrow.

Great way to try the bars out! Cost me all of $2.39 to give them a shot
  • Thanks for this thread!! I've been looking for a bar that wasn't full of garbage. Those Quest bars may fit the bill for days that I'm in a pinch!
  • I'm not a fan of whey but i haven't really looked for bars recently. Lara bars are my go to bars. I've seen various recipes for making your own, I might go that route.
  • Quote: I just ordered a Quest Protein bar yesterday to try it out. I picked the flavor I was most likely to enjoy—Peanut Butter!

It's a bit higher in calories, but what the ****, right?

You can order them off the website in boxes or single bars. The best thing is if you put "SAMPLE" in the coupon code box you will get free shipping. They shipped my bar out a few hours after I ordered it. According to the tracking it should come today or tomorrow.

Great way to try the bars out! Cost me all of $2.39 to give them a shot
    Thanks for this information. I will do exactly that. I appreciate you sharing.
  • Ok do to me not using my brain, I didn't pack enough to eat today and I was starving. I had some time during the day so I decided to go shopping and maybe pick up a snack. I forgot there was a Vitamin Shoppe nearby and I stopped in there to grab a protein bar.

They had some Quest bars so I grabbed a Chocolate Brownie one. WOW very tasty!! Definitely looking forward to the peanut butter one now!

I know these bars are pricier than the Pure Protein ones, but I think once I finish off the PP bars I have I will be switching to Quest.

Too bad PP bars are everywhere and Quest only seems to be sold at the Vitamin Shoppe.

Quote: Thanks for this information. I will do exactly that. I appreciate you sharing.
    No problem! Hope it worked for you!
  • Quote: Ok do to me not using my brain, I didn't pack enough to eat today and I was starving. I had some time during the day so I decided to go shopping and maybe pick up a snack. I forgot there was a Vitamin Shoppe nearby and I stopped in there to grab a protein bar.

They had some Quest bars so I grabbed a Chocolate Brownie one. WOW very tasty!! Definitely looking forward to the peanut butter one now!

I know these bars are pricier than the Pure Protein ones, but I think once I finish off the PP bars I have I will be switching to Quest.

Too bad PP bars are everywhere and Quest only seems to be sold at the Vitamin Shoppe.

No problem! Hope it worked for you!
    I also have the same problem of not finding the Quest bars in my area, so I will have to order online.
  • Quote: I also have the same problem of not finding the Quest bars in my area, so I will have to order online.
    I get them off Amazon, which is a deal because I have Prime and get free 2-day shipping.
  • Quote: I get them off Amazon, which is a deal because I have Prime and get free 2-day shipping.
    Great!

I did a search and the closet store to me that sells them is ONLY 124 miles away. LOL LOL LOL