Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

Default Artic Zero Ice Cream - 37 calories !

Has anyone tried it ?? I just discovered it exited last nigh and have not tried it yet. But I am going to pick some up later tonight and I'll post back my tasting !

http://www.myarcticzero.com/

It's got 150 calories PER PINT !!
That means only 37 calories in a traditional 1/2 cup serving.
My current ice cream, no Sugar added lowest cal I could find, is 90 calories for 1/2 cup.
Now, it's actually more like a frozen protien shake from what I understand. So I read that the texture is a little more gummy.
I can't wait to try it ! I have to go
pick it up from a store I don't usually frequent.

Last edited by Alyj89; 05-02-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Save your money! I've tried both the chocolate and the maple vanilla. The chocolate was very bland and had almost no taste. The vanilla was better but still nothing special.

I tried it over a year ago so maybe it's better now. I really wanted to like it.

You might like the no sugar added fudge pops instead. They are only forty calories and have much better flavor I think.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #3  

I do like fudge pops; I have some ! I actually want the ice cream for my frozen coffee, not to eat by itself. Maybe it will still work !
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm really into Arctic Zero, but I didn't used to be. In fact, when I first bought it, I was mad at my husband for liking something so disgusting! But, I SOOOO wanted to like it so I kept trying it and then, something clicked. My favorite flavor is the Cookies and Cream. It really doesn't taste like ice cream though to me...you just have to think of it as a low calorie frozen desert that is good for people who like lots of volume. I will finish off an entire pint in one sitting. Sometimes, I'll have it with a banana or a portion controlled back of animal crackers to make tiny ice cream sandwiches, but that ends up tasting too good which really doesn't work for me. I'm strange!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I really like it!! The coffee flavor is awesome, if you can find it!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #6  

So I got some, ended up with coffee and vanilla maple flavs.
I like em !

The vanilla one taste insanely like cake batter to me. which is weird. I really like it, lol.

Coffee one is dead on coffee.

They def won't be a weekly thing due to the outrageous price BUT they are very good for why they are (37 calories). I did not mind the texture, and there was no weird aftertaste.

out of 5 (keeping in mind that it's 37 calories!) I'd give the two flavors I tried a 4!