3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Raw Nuts... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/256868-raw-nuts.html)

cbressler1976 04-13-2012 09:55 AM

Raw Nuts...

Every now and then I will eat raw nuts when I feel like I am starving and want some pizza or a grilled cheese sandwich ( I love bread and cheese )... ...but do raw nuts make you gain weight? I only eat a small handfull once every other day...

debigulating 04-13-2012 09:59 AM

Nothing in isolation will make you gain weight. What matters is quantity. 5lbs of raw nuts will make you gain weight (among other probable side effects...). A handful will not. Just watch your quantity, track it if you are counting calories or whatever, and enjoy.

Beach Patrol 04-13-2012 10:04 AM

eating too many calories causes weight gain.

doesn't matter if it's nuts, chocolate, broccoli, bread, potatoes, bananas, pizza, carrots, turkey, pancakes, .... it's about protein, veggies, fruit... whatever. IF YOU EAT TOO MUCH, WEIGHT GAIN IS THE RESULT.

Losing weight is about creating a calorie deficit.
There are MANY WAYS to do that. Diet alone... exercise... diet + exercise, etc. Hundreds of diets out there! -find one that works for you. This may take time, because you might have to try different things before you find the one that is right for you.

Only Me 04-13-2012 10:18 AM

While eating too much of anything will cause you to gain weight, an honest small handful of raw nuts, especially eaten instead of pizza or grilled cheese, and about every other day, shouldn't cause weight gain on its own and should provide your body with lots of healthy fat and other nutrients.

WildThings 04-13-2012 10:57 AM

Raw almonds are my go to food when I need a quick snack that will give me energy. Nuts often have healthy oils (fats) and protein, and are easy to transport (I keep a can of almonds in my desk at work and a baggie in my purse). The one thing I have to do with nuts is count out my one serving before I start eating them because it's so easy to lose count and they do pack a punch calorie-wise if I eat too many.

Beach Patrol 04-13-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildThings (Post 4292081)
The one thing I have to do with nuts is count out my one serving before I start eating them because it's so easy to lose count and they do pack a punch calorie-wise if I eat too many.

^^THIS!!^^ :carrot: And my go-to nut is cashews.

cbressler1976 04-13-2012 11:14 AM

Thank you all!!! There are certain foods that I just can't eat, even if the calories are low because it triggers my over eating habit.....but i can eat some raw nuts and feel satisfied!! I thank you all....I have lost 8lbs so far, but right now I have stopped losing for a couple of days....but it's that time of the month, so maybe that has something to do with it...