3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   What do you do when you have a sweet craving?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/254440-what-do-you-do-when-you-have-sweet-craving.html)

kprincess45 03-08-2012 01:18 AM

What do you do when you have a sweet craving??

I have a bad thing for sweets!! I was about to send my husband to get me a sharmrock shake! lol but instead I sucked on a hard candy. it helped the craving. what do you do?

desiresdestiny 03-08-2012 01:33 AM

low fat vanilla yogurt with strawberries
or fiber one brownies
or a fiber one bar
or fresh fruit

KatieAlyse 03-08-2012 01:35 AM

Gum! I'm a bored eater too so this way I get my sweets and kill my being bored. I've also convenienced myself to go for fruit if I want something sweet since its better for you.

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY 03-08-2012 04:18 AM

i eat alot of jello with whipped cream to kill my sweets cravings for just a little calories

popsicles and fudgsicles are good too !

baked apples with a little landolakes sweet cinnamon butter tastes like an apple pie without the crust

kateleestar 03-08-2012 09:13 AM

I usually do a 10 cal jello cup, or a can of cherry coke zero. :D

kprincess45 03-08-2012 04:54 PM

Great ideas!!

Tai 03-08-2012 06:42 PM

Fruit helps me with sugar cravings and also that 25 calorie diet hot chocolate.

lovemydoggiesx2 03-08-2012 06:44 PM

I uaually chew gum, or get on a machine and work out...telling myself sweets are what got me here in the first place....but sometimes I give in and binge

DiabeticDiva 03-08-2012 06:56 PM

I have a cup of Maxwell House International Café - Suisse Mocha Sugar-Free with some Coffee-Mate Vanilla Caramel, Sugar-Free Powdered Coffee Creamer,. It tastes like a Cappuccino and it's sugar free and Decaf! I use 4 heaping tablespoons for 1 cup.

Precious Little 03-10-2012 02:33 AM

Fresh fruit.

I eat fresh fruit almost every single day, and I've also started juicing fruit & veg and this definitely helps to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Today I made fresh watermelon juice for the first time and OMG it would have to be the best tasting sweet drink I've had, like, EVER! Nothing added!! Very refreshing. The downside, it was a pain in the @rse to prepare (messy) and clean up after, but so worth it.

peachypeg 03-10-2012 08:39 AM

I have been munching on a mixture of almonds, cashews, and pistachios....it really helps a lot with no sugar at all, low calories, and good protein.

Ruze 03-10-2012 12:34 PM

Chewing gum, eating fruit, fibre1 bars, or something from Skinny Cow (if I want something frozen, chocolate, and only 100 calories or less!)

Jeckeree 03-10-2012 12:38 PM

I'm with Ruze on the skinny cow and fiber one bars. But if you really want something from mc donalds like the shamrock shake, a vanilla ice cream cone there its only 150 calories

astrophe 03-10-2012 06:57 PM

Check my blood sugar to see how bad it is.

Then depending on that, have some OJ (immediate fix) and then something with some protein (longer fix).

If it's nothing to do with blood sugar and just a craving? Pudding will do. Or fruit. Or ice cream. Just a small portion though.

A.

Riddy 03-10-2012 11:07 PM

I start with a cup of sweet herb tea (splenda or stevia sweetened). If that doesn't work, 2 super-dark chocolate covered almonds or 1 Lindt truffle ball.

Sometimes a piece of those new Extra dessert flavor gums will do the trick, too. The apple pie and the mint chocolate chip work a little better for me than the creamsicle.