Sugarless for the new year?

• Is there anyone here who actually cuts out all sugars completely (im not counting natural sugars in fruits, etc)? Is it really possible? I feel like I would have some cravings here and there.
    Did you slowly easy into it or just cold turkey?

I no longer use sugar in my ice tea, green tea, or coffee (just milk). And my cereals are never those "kids" cereals with a sugar coating. I don't add sugar to fruits, no salt to fruits or veggies either.
    Where else can I cut the sugar?
  • I did it for two years and never had trouble with my weight until I started eating it again. I did it like you said.
  • No cravings? Im terrified of aspartame and whatever splenda is so im not even using those as subs.
  • I tapered off slowly in my tea and coffee, which I now drink black - no milk or sugar.

Processed foods and wheat products often have high sugar content. It's hard to avoid them, but I notice benefits when I can stick to it.

I still really love desserts. I try to enjoy fruit desserts that I make myself. If I cave, it had better be something delicious. I realised I usually prefer a rich dessert to an overly sweet one anyway.

Artificial sweeteners often caused me to have cravings - the point for me isn't to not eat sugar so much as to be less dependent on sweet flavouring. And, yeah, there is freaky stuff out there about aspartame!!!

You might as well give it a try - even if it causes you trouble, you'll learn a lot about your tastes, personal boundaries and triggers