Sugarfree Gum?

• I'm having a serious addiction to sugarfree gum these days. I was never a big gum chewer before this July. My diet center told me I was allowed two sticks of sugarfree gum perday. I didn't usually chew gum at all before then, but since then gum is ALWAYS with me. This past couple weeks I've been seriously going over the 2 sticks per day limit. Each stick is 5 calories and I've been chewing about 6 pieces perday. EEK! I really love it though! I'm just worried about the aspartame that sugarfree gum uses. Any tricks on kicking the gum habit? One pack of gum holds 15 sticks and I'm going through a pack in 2-3 days now.
  • i chew gum constantly all day long.. prob at least 10 pieces a day so it's only 50 cal....i wouldn't worry about it.... it's never affected me in terms of not being able to lose weight. i chew trident vitality white tea and mint...it's amazing!!
  • Maybe gum is like celery...you burn more calories chewing it than is in the gum.
  • Ohhhh! That flavor sounds good! lol, as you can see I'm really loving gum right now. I love tropical flavors. My favorites right now are Extra Tropical, Fast Five Sweet&Tart Tropical and Juicy Fruit Sugarfree 2 flavor pack. (It's the little capsule kind where 1 piece is 2.5 calories so you get more in the day!)
  • I chew A LOT. It's made a world of difference when it comes to boredom/emotional eating.

I get trident and it's 5 calories for TWO pieces so it cuts your calories in half.