3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Feeling Snacky? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/245049-feeling-snacky.html)

Jessica Committed 10-13-2011 10:59 AM

Feeling Snacky?

What do you do to curb that "i feel snacky even though I'm not actually hungry" feeling? I like tea or going for a walk. What do you all do?
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

PreciousMissy 10-13-2011 11:11 AM

Take a BIG drink of water every time I think about food until the thought goes away.

When that doesn't work, I remove myself from what I am currently doing, take the dog for a walk, clean the kitchen, go file (depends on where I am).

If that doesn't work then I just go have a bite of what ever it is I am thinking of so I can get it off my mind and move on, lol. But, it gets counted. If I don't count it I'm only lying to myself!

kirsteng 10-13-2011 11:17 AM

I like green tea. Makes me feel more healthy and yoga-ish (lol) after I've finished it, so I rarely go for the intended snack afterwards.

JoJoJo2 10-13-2011 11:20 AM

I chew gum, this helps me.

Panacea86 10-13-2011 11:29 AM

Lately, I just eat it. And get fatter. Awesome.

d130 10-13-2011 12:23 PM

I'm another one who drinks water and if I'm still hungry in half an hour then I'll have some crackers or feta cheese which seems to help curb the hunger. :)

Serbrider 10-13-2011 12:27 PM

I count to 100, do some sit ups, maybe jog in place for a bit. If I know for a fact that it's not legitimate hunger, I'll go brush my teeth or have a mint. Usually either of those work. :p

That's after drinking water... but I generally drink around 90-100 oz of water everyday anyways... so yeah.

Beach Patrol 10-13-2011 12:43 PM

I like to give my hands something to do. Such as a manicure (or pedicure) - after all, it's hard to eat while you're doin' yer nails :D

Tai 10-13-2011 01:44 PM

I like to knit.

Unna 10-13-2011 01:58 PM

I'm also still trying to figure this out - I know water and tea doesn't help me. Pickles and apples are OK.

I guess I pray a distraction will come my way and save me from the snack monsters!

vixxi 10-13-2011 02:13 PM

Lately, I've been drinking tea. Before I would just eat everything in sight. Last night I was ravenous, after eating all my points for the day (I follow WW). I had a babybel cheese, even though my bf left a Twix in the fridge for me to stare at! I think a small snack is okay if your feeling snacky. Maybe a sugar free jello, or cottage cheese will take the edge off.

Jessica Committed 10-14-2011 10:49 AM

I like the "keeping your hands busy" ideas - thanks, all!

Soft Speaker 10-14-2011 10:55 AM

water, water, water, water, water, and MORE water!!! :dizzy:

TimmytheGirl 06-15-2017 12:42 PM

Protein!

I've been going an extra step on my weight loss journey and tracking my "macros" (calories, fats, carbs, sugars, protein) and I find I'm at my most insatiable snack-craving self when I haven't been eating much protein. The best snack (if you have been eating carbs most/all day) is some jerky (checking to see that it is more protein than carbs, some brands are basically bread...), or some other pure meat or other type of protein fix. Mint tea also helps to curb your appetite when it's those tricky hormones cooking something up in your tummy!

RubySnacks 08-29-2017 11:48 AM

This is probably not healthy, but I sleep! I've been sleeping a lot more since I started eating less...