Autumn Apple Recipes!

• It's Autumn and I'm feeling festive! Lets share our healthy, yummy, Apple recipes!

Today I kept it simple and it was so satisfying.

I chopped 1 apple (choose your favorite variety) and sprinkled with cinnamon to taste and then drizzled with some good quality honey, tossed to coat and enjoy!!

Better yet about this recipe - you could go apple picking and probably find some delicious home made honey while you are there to make it with! What a fun family activity .... anyway (getting sappy about autumn festivities).

This recipe could easily be enhanced with blueberries, nuts, a dollop of non fat greek yogurt, or even fat free cool whip. This honey, apple, cinnamon concoction could also be baked for a yummy warm, healthy dessert!

Anyone else have any delicious apple recipes to share?
  • I like to slice an apple sprinkle with cinnamon and truvia and microwave for three minutes. Fast warm dessert.
  • On a related note, I've been searching out recipes that use apple cider.

I've poached salmon in cider and I've cooked chicken breasts in apples & onions with a cider reduction added toward the end of the cooking time.

I've also found a roast recipe that uses cider.

(We had a big jug of local cider in the fridge, but I don't want to drink down my calories -- I'd rather crunch on an apple -- so I've been cooking with it instead.)
  • Quote: I like to slice an apple sprinkle with cinnamon and truvia and microwave for three minutes. Fast warm dessert.

Yes! I do that too, it's sooo good!

I also like to add some raisins and chopped walnuts if I have some in the house.

If I'm not in a hurry, I bake a cored apple (with cinnamon, raisins, a Tbsp raspberry jam, and a Tbsp of water) in a small ramekin. It takes a bit longer, but it reminds me of my mom's apple strudel (minus the dough).

*loves fall*