Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

I probably don't eat that much weird stuff, but I guess I eat stuff at weird times. Lately I've been eating soup for breakfast. It really fills me up and it's nice and warm and it just seems like a good way to start the day! Mostly vegetable beef.

I go through food phases where I can't get enough of a particular kind of food. The last one that was really bad was olives. I had **hated** all kinds of olives my entire life. I couldn't even walk past an olive bar in a nice grocery store without feeling nauseous because they smelled so gross to me. Then, one day I woke up craving them. All of a sudden, I couldn't stop eating olives, olive paste, and olive salad (like the kind they put on muffaletta sandwiches- I was binging on it - which is SOOOOO high in fat and sodium). It was almost pathological, like I was trying to make up for all the years I had hated olives. I took a jar of kalamata olive tapenade on a weekend trip with me because I was worried they wouldn't have any where I was going and I was literally eating it at every meal with olives for snacks in between. Then it just went away. That was about a year ago, and thankfully I haven't had any cravings quite as intense since. I still like olives, but it's not nearly so crazy. I think back about what a fat girl thing to do it is to bring a jar of olive tapenade to a restaurant in your purse!!!!

Lately I've been craving wedge salads. I've been eating one almost every day. I don't know why, but they're just so cool and refreshing and good. I use 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, a tbsp of bacon crumbles from a bag, 1/2 oz goat or bleu cheese, some diced tomatoes and onions, and a Tbsp of low-cal caesar dressing. Yum!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:42 AM   #17  
banned

Tommy, your breakfast sounds delicious!

I'm pretty adventurous with food, which is funny, because I come from a family that makes the same handful of dinners every week. One of the weirdest (but tastiest!) combinations I've tried is seasoned salmon patties with fresh apple slices. Mmmm.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote