Hamburgers are YUM!

• We had them tonight for dinner. I don't know why hamburgers have such a bad rap. They can fit in your program just fine. A yummy char grilled lean beef burger on a lower cal bun topped with tons of veggies is my kind of meal. And instead of fries or chips, we had raw veggies with home made ranch dip for crunch. Whole meal right about 400 calories.

I just roll my eyes every time I hear someone say they cant have hamburgers on their diet.
  • Yum! Good idea, thanks. I love hamburgers too!
  • I love hamburgers like nothing else. No reason you can't have them, IMO. It's just meat, really.
  • Well, when you factor in that most people like a slice of cheese and toppings like bacon, mayo or other creamy dressings (not to mention how BIG some people make the burger itself) it can get out of hand fast.
  • Sounds delicious!!!
  • Some of those buns pack in the calories without adding much flavor - faves?
  • I love hamburgers too! Nomnomnomnom!
  • Hypnodat-Congrats! You have discovered the secret to living a healthy life. We can have the foods we love IN MODERATION. This is key if we want to stick to healthy lifestyle changes. We can't completey deny ourselves of the things we love. We just have to eat them sensibly.
  • I like to use Thomas' light english muffins, toasted, for buns. It keeps the size of the patty reasonable and it is SOOO good!