Candy

• ...I'm not really a sweet food person but around my time of the month I do like some sugar...I like eating semi sweet choc chips for choc craving but was wondering what hard candy type sweets you all like?
  • The question is what DON'T I like! I don't get into candy because it's a slippery slope for me. I do have sugar free popsicles that are only 15 calories each. Sorry....I hope you get some good ideas!
  • I usually keep a bag or two of hard, sugar free candy around and have three or four pieces a day (be careful if you're eating more than that! Sugar alcohols can do a number on your digestive tract if you eat too many, and for some people, ANY can be too many, so make sure you go slowly).

My favorites are:
    -Sugar free Werther's original hard candies and Brach's sugar free butterscotch disks (for that creamy, salty/sweet caramel-type flavor).
    -Baskin Robbins sugar free Cookies and Cream hard candies (OMG so good. The mint chip are good also. Really, they're all delicious).
    -Sugar free lifesavers. These are more sweet/fruity than what I usually choose, but sometimes I like them.

I am too sugar sensitive to have regular candy, which is basically pure sugar and would send me on a crazy blood sugar roller coaster, so I love having sugar free options.
  • I love sugar free popsicles!!!!! I dont eat much candy either but I like the idea of putting honey on popcorn for something sweet!
  • Thanks for the ideas...sweets are actually a safe thing for me to have cuz they aren't my favs but wanted your opinions!
  • Sometimes I like to eat gummy candies because they are low in fat. Also, it seems you can buy cotton candy at just about any store now, it has NO fat!
  • Quote: My favorites are:
    -Sugar free Werther's original hard candies and Brach's sugar free butterscotch disks (for that creamy, salty/sweet caramel-type flavor).
    -Baskin Robbins sugar free Cookies and Cream hard candies (OMG so good. The mint chip are good also. Really, they're all delicious).
    -Sugar free lifesavers. These are more sweet/fruity than what I usually choose, but sometimes I like them.
    Thanks mandalinn82- I have never tried the sugar free ones. I keep a bag of a hard butterscotch around that is 15 cal per piece and is individually wrapped. I take out one or two and have them with hot tea - that really makes it last for me and turns it into a treat versus a "grab the sugar now" thing
  • I can't go without my sugar free JOLLY RANCHERS!!!
  • Sugar Free Red Vines -- 7 twists for 90 calories! I cut them into bites and sneak them into movie theaters in a ziploc baggie.

Skinny Cow has also come out with a crispy 110 calorie candy bar that is reminiscent of a kit kat, I love it! They also have some cluster/turtle-type candy that I have yet to try.

3 Musketeers has a Truffle Crisp bar that I'm obsessed with, 2 skinny bars in a pack, each one is 80 calories! But I always have to eat both for 160 calories. Some people don't like the "crisp" in the bar, which is like astronaut ice cream. I LOVE it!

Not that I like candy or anything.
  • Thanks for all the ideas!
  • My favorite are Nips.... hard caramel with chocolate inside... 30 calories in one... i have a few... you suck on them and then bite into the middle and its got the chocolate inside.. .soo good.