Thoughts on Hot Sauce?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I'm an addict of the stuff. I love it. Especially's Franks.

For salads and stuff, instead of dressing, I'll use hot sauce. I put it on everything. xD

Best part is that it's 0 calories... meaning I can burn my tastebuds off and not feel guilty. :P

Your thoughts on hot sauce? Like it or no? What do you put it on that people might find a bit strange? xD
  • I am not addicted to it, but thanks for reminding me that I should be using more of it! I will be adding some to my egg scrambles. I've heard lots of good things about adding hot spice to food (increased metabolism, levels blood sugar, may help fight certain cancers).
  • Hot sauce is in my blood . Tapatio is probably my favorite hot sauce and I like Herdez or Frontera salsa. I use salsa for salad dressing but yeah there is hardly a meal without some spice for me.
  • I love hot sauce... And Frank's is my fave too. I use it on everything... most everything, lol.. It's so good.
  • yoyoma: o: I never heard about cancer prevention from hot sauce before... that's really cool. xD Next time I'm questioned about my use of it, I'll have a solid defense, hahaha.

nelie: What pepper is Tapatio made from?

kateleestar: xD I agree, hehehe.
  • Embuhlee, here is their website but all they say is red peppers. Valentina is another good one.
    http://www.tapatiohotsauce.com/
  • I love hot sauce. I'm a Texas Pete fan. I put it on eggs, salad, in soup, tuna, hot dogs, lol... you get the point.
  • Two of the condiments that I absolutely must keep in the house are Frank's and Sriracha. (Along with salsa and spicy brown mustard. I like some heat! )

I've read something about spicy food being more satisfying (mentally) so you end up eating less. I don't know if that's really true or not.
  • Quote: I love hot sauce. I'm a Texas Pete fan. I put it on eggs, salad, in soup, tuna, hot dogs, lol... you get the point.
    Me too. Hubby like's Franks because he is from Buffalo. lol
  • I also put it in nonfat cottage cheese and on baked potatos. Love the heat! Don't have a fav. just like the heat.
  • Quote: Two of the condiments that I absolutely must keep in the house are Frank's and Sriracha. (Along with salsa and spicy brown mustard. I like some heat! )
    Same here! I love Frank's and Sriracha. If a dish is too bland, I will stir in one of the sauces. I've even coated popcorn in Sriracha to give it more flavour. So yummy and very little calories.
  • I use hot sauce on just about everything, also. I like the Ring of Fire products, from Mike & Diane's Gourmet Kitchen. Love them.
  • nelie: Thanks for the link! The label looks really familiar - I think I might've seen it in a restaurant or something. xD

Hot sauce on baked potatoes is good, I agree. xD
    During the summer, I live with my parents, and will put the stuff on a lot of what my mother cooks. She thinks it's insulting. :P Hehehe.
  • I am never without several different types along with a jar of red pepper flakes. The current line up is Tabasco (regular), El Yucateco hot and XXXTRA hot habanero, Marie Sharp's habanero, and my new favorite - a yuzu and hot pepper sauce
  • I like hot sauce on all the usual suspects - eggs, soup, pizza, etc. I love making Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Chili - a healthier way to get that wing flavor! http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/r...chicken-chili/

Sometimes I'll just eat cheese with hot sauce on it.