Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #31  
The Last 10lbs!

My favourite way of eating tuna is on a sandwich. I mix a can of drained tuna with a tbsp of mayo (just enough to mix into the tuna - so you don't even see the 'white' - even though I know you said you don't really like mayo), some chopped sundried tomatoes, and green onions. It is seriously AMAZING and I would totally recommend you give it a try! The sundried tomatoes gives it just a bit of sweetness to mix with the sharpness of the green onions. Yum!

Last edited by freedomreins; 07-23-2011 at 11:34 AM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

i like it with pickles, sometimes sweet, sometimes dill...chopped very fine

i also like tuna with a sweet red onion and diced apples.. yum!
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #33  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

I just made this today for lunch and my boyfriend and myself were going OH MY GOD this is good!

Open Face Tuna on English Muffin
Thomas Brand Whole Wheat English Muffin - HIGH Fiber - only 100 cal, high in fiber, 1 WW point (old plan) for the whole muffin
Cut in half and top each half with a serving size of tuna mixed with 1 T serving size LIGHT mayo - add salt and pepper or any herbs you like.
I had a low fat part skim Mozz that I folded in half so each half of the English muffin received some cheese (this was 2 pts total for the cheese slice).

Put on a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet so air circulates around muffin for crispness. I turn oven to broil and put the English muffins in the oven before the oven temp reaches broil. I just check on every so often - takes about 10 minutes in my oven, cheese is obviously browned and bubbly, muffin is very crisp, tuna is warm and yummy. Top each half with a slice of tomato and fresh or dried basil.

It was so good. In total it was only 5 WW pts (old plan) for both halves.
You could easily add celery or nuts to the tuna (but nuts would def up the calories) or hot sauce or lemon to the tuna instead of or in addition to the light mayo.

I'll be making this really easy, really healthy lunch A LOT!
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote