Question about Feta Cheese

• I use reduced fat feta cheese in my morning omelets. Does the full fat feta have a lot more flavor than the reduced fat?
  • Yes, I definitely think so! "Full fat" feta still only has 80 cals/ounce and is lower in fat than a lot of cheeses, so I actually don't mind choosing feta. I say don't mind - really I LOVE feta! I've also even found a difference in a few brands (e.g. I don't care for the Publix store brand, it's less flavorful), though most are good. Please try the regular, it's delicious!
  • Thanks for the replies.
  • I agree with the sentiments above. The flavour difference is huge, while the calorie difference is not.
    The fillers they use to make it lower fat are also not worth it.
  • I wanted to update. I have tried all the brands of Feta cheese that I have come across. It has been a tasty journey. My favorite, so far, has been the Boars Head brand. It seems to have more flavor than any other brand. I have noticed that some brands contain starch to prevent caking. This also makes them a little higher in calories. The Boars Head brand does not contain the starch. My least favorites have been ones that I have gotten from Walmart. They were very inexpensive, but had very little flavor. I don't even recall the brands off the top of my head.