Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 07:53 AM   #1  

Default calorie counter???

does anyone know where i can copy a food guide of calories for foods online that i don't have to join up first? i want to count my calories on what i eat and am having trouble finding such a thing online.
thanks
Old 11-11-2002, 09:26 AM   #2  

thanks i did find one on caloriechart.org this too i could not copy as it would take alot of paper but i am going to go look in a store and get a book on it thanks alot for letting me know about calorieking i had forgotten about that website
thanks again
marlene
Old 11-11-2002, 07:21 PM   #3  
resident lactivist

I bought a copy of The Complete Book of Food Counts from Waldenbook's bargain area for $4. I suggest you invest in a book, especially if you're going to plan your meals. It's just easier for me to look things up in a book.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:01 PM   #4  
Ex-Junkfood Junkie

Hi, until you can find a book that suits your needs here are a couple of sites that have charts.
http://www.ntwrks.com/~mikev/chart1.html

http://www.diet-i.com/calorie_chart/index.htm

Thanks for the suggestions on books and the title. I have a small book but it doesn't list a lot of the things that I am searching for. This last link that I posted is alittle better about listing more items in each category. But I'm going to go out this weekend and try and find a book that will be more helpful.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:07 PM   #5  

I went to calorieking.com and joined up and now i have a full menu planned for me daily in the amount of calories that i am suppose to eat to lose weight... i was so thrilled with all the tools u can use on this site. it is worth checking it out
thanks for all ur kindness
i also read another article on how diet coke is bad for u and that put a new height on my diet too.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:13 PM   #6  

http://www.fitday.com is site that I have fallen in love with. You can add your food and it calculates it and you can also customize foods.

http://www.caloriescount.org/cgi-bin...ed_calcalc.cgi this also one that I use.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:57 PM   #7  

thanks i will check it out now
Old 11-13-2002, 02:49 PM   #8  
Ex-Junkfood Junkie

notlookingback, thanks so much for that link to calorieking. That is a great site. I was surprised to see all the calorie charts for so many different foods. Even for cough drops. I was impressed.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2002, 08:58 PM   #9  

there is another neat site
www.fitday.com i went nuts in that one u can tell it what u eat and it will give u a wheel of color on whether ur eating too many carbs like me or protein and everything go there too
Old 11-15-2002, 07:50 AM   #10  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

caloriefreak.com will let you search USDA or restaurant listings and allow you to add your own custom foods. I keep a tally of my daily intake there and can look back over my progress on a number of charts and graphs. It's easy.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #11  

thanks rusty i will look into it i am doing much better this week and i hope i am on the right track now....
thank u for caring
Old 01-03-2003, 01:57 AM   #12  

hey thanks you guys, I went and signed up for CalorieKing and FitDay just now. They're both really cool.
-W-
Closed Thread