psyllium cream of wheat

• Ok--I feel really weird about it, but metamucil always reminded me of cream of wheat.
    This morning I boiled some water, poured it in a bowl with two spoonfuls of psyllium husk, and mixed milk as needed. I put a teaspoon of sugar and some cinnamon in there--then I ate the bowl.

I am obviously no gourmet, if I can eat a bowl of metamucil cream of wheat! It still ended up being about 130 cal for the cup of milk, then another 50-70 cals for the psyllium husk (I used tablespoons), and about 15 cal for sugar. Totaling 215--of course some of the milk was in my tea too--. It's not bad considering it contains a quarter of needed fiber, and 35% of calcium recommended.

I still feel really weird--I just wish they called it something other than metamucil. I better drink a lot of water today.
  • Oy! If I ate that much fiber I think I'd be in pain by the end of the day, since I already get a lot of fiber throughout my day with the other foods I eat! Good for you that you don't.... I'm one of those weirdos that have to exactly the right amount of fiber or they're in trouble.... lol!
  • Lol!
    Yeah, I'm working on one thing at a time--so I haven't focused too much on fiber. I probably don't eat enough of it at the moment so it probably is a good thing. The strange thing is that I just really wanted some cream of wheat!